No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I didn’t want to but if I didn’t the carbon fiber hood would start fading out right above the manifold and the alternator was getting super hot. Believe me I hated doing it! I may get it ceramic coated like the turbine housing but I don’t think a black manifold would look any sexier.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

dam, so you're driving it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        dam, so you're driving it ?
        Yes sir. Drove it now two days in a row put about 60 miles on her. She feels solid. No leaks, a small exhaust leak at the vband to turbine housing but its super minimal. I need to purchase a new radiator fan, as my ECT is sitting around 204-206 when driving, would like to see that number closer to 180-190, only problem is I have to get a push fan that is slimmer then 3" or a small puller fan (no more then 7 inches) that can sit on the lower passenger side corner. I already have a thermostat that opens up at 170 and I can't run a full size radiator unless I tuck it. Which is an option I will look at in the future.

When I do the 3rd gear WOT 2k-4k I hate letting off when it goes past 5psi, but right now we are just trying to smooth out the daily driving side. Hopefully next week we will get into the boosted side more and start cranking up the boost.

I do have to get new tires in the front at the very least, these Cooper Extreme Contacts that came with the rims are garbage. So that will be the next investment. I am planning on running 225/50/R17 Pilot Sport 4s, not sure if anyone has used these or not, but they look like a solid tire.

Here is the very short clip of 3rd WOT 2-4K up to 5psi (no clue how to embed it)

https://youtu.be/Skh_BZmyoQg
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-20-2019, 10:30 PM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Do you have a shroud, or any plans for one? That would greatly help to increase the ability for whatever slim fan you have to cool the radiator. It doesn't have to be much much than thin-gauge aluminum stood off just a bit from the fins with hole(s) for the fan(s) cut out. That's all that Sheepy, Chase Bays and SpeedFactory do.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I have yet to ride in any boosted CB7. Hmmm.

5 lbs you say. I'm curious to know what one feels like in comparison to H22 swapped CB7.
            Last edited by Straight Success; 06-21-2019, 03:20 PM.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Do you have a shroud, or any plans for one? That would greatly help to increase the ability for whatever slim fan you have to cool the radiator. It doesn't have to be much much than thin-gauge aluminum stood off just a bit from the fins with hole(s) for the fan(s) cut out. That's all that Sheepy, Chase Bays and SpeedFactory do.
              I don’t have one yet but I plan to make one. The fan sits between the intercooler and radiator. There is only about half an inch between the fan and the intercooler. I know this is probably starving the fan of air, but it’s the only place I can mount it currently.
              Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              I have yet to ride in any booster CB7. Hmmm.

5 lbs you say. I'm curious to know what one feels like in comparison to H22 swapped CB7.
              I love the feeling of when boost comes on. 5lbs isn’t much and that’s where we are limiting it until we get the daily driving habits down first. Once that is done I am shooting for 18-21psi for track days and 14-16 on cruising around days. If you ever in the panhandle hit me up and I’ll take ya for a spin. Just be forewarned the boost bug is each to catch especially with the tq it produces.
              ~Nick~

Comment

On the datalog run today decided to snap a quick pic of the cb out of the garage. You can only look at an engine bay so many times. It needs a lip, but there isn't enough meat at the bottom of the bumper to mount the lip. So I will have to try and figure something out.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-27-2019, 12:12 AM.
                ~Nick~

Comment

I'm real glad you were able to narrow down the idle issue to the RPMs. I remember not being able to idle below 900rpm, especially when the engine was cold, with the Bisi lvl 2 cam in the F22.

Enjoy the whole tuning process!
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    If you ever in the panhandle hit me up and I’ll take ya for a spin. Just be forewarned the boost bug is each to catch especially with the tq it produces.
                    I'll have to make an excuse to come down with the kids sometime. My son's senior recital will likely be in November - pencil me in!
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      I'm real glad you were able to narrow down the idle issue to the RPMs. I remember not being able to idle below 900rpm, especially when the engine was cold, with the Bisi lvl 2 cam in the F22.

Enjoy the whole tuning process!
                      Yes! The car is like me, it doesn't like to do much of anything until it gets coffee in it and is nice and warmed up. I don't drive it until the fan kicks on, if I don't it runs crappy.

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      I'll have to make an excuse to come down with the kids sometime. My son's senior recital will likely be in November - pencil me in!
                      Hell ya! You got it Paul, it wont be super hot by then so you don't have to suffer in the Florida heat without A/C. Hopefully nothing breaks by then "fingers crossed"
                      ~Nick~

Comment

[QUOTE=Grumpys93;3289965]On the datalog run today decided to snap a quick pic of the cb out of the garage. You can only look at an engine bay so many times. It needs a lip, but there isn't enough meat at the bottom of the bumper to mount the lip. So I will have to try and figure something out.

Looks great! What happened to your meat :P ?

Comment

It rears it's head once again!

Comment

[QUOTE=Raf99;3289976]
                            Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            On the datalog run today decided to snap a quick pic of the cb out of the garage. You can only look at an engine bay so many times. It needs a lip, but there isn't enough meat at the bottom of the bumper to mount the lip. So I will have to try and figure something out.

Looks great! What happened to your meat :P ?
                            Lol! Oh my meat is still there. But the bumper meat had to be shaved off on the bottom to clear the intercooler.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                            It rears it's head once again!
                            Yes it did! Glad to see your still in the game Mike!
                            ~Nick~

Comment

So I think I figured out my overheating issue today. When I went to burp the coolant system, my coolant was spewing out like water when its boiling. So I thought maybe I overfilled it. Took a baster and took some fluid and it seemed to stop. Anyways long story short. I checked the temp of both hoses and the top hose was piping hot while the bottom hose slightly warm. I was pretty much able to keep my hand on it the whole time. So pretty much led me to believe my aftermarket thermostat is stuck closed.

So today I ordered a new OEM one which should get here on Friday. I will replace this and hopefully see my ECT stay below 200. Fingers Crossed.

If not we will proceed to the next step which will most likely be a new radiator.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

To mount a lip, you could try to reinforce the mounting surface of the lip with a piece of sheet metal to span the area under the intercooler. I had a fiberglas lip/air dam on my 1982 Citation X11 - I hit a rabbit at 80 mph and he punched a hole right through it. I repaired it and reinforced the lower edge of the lip with an aluminum strip about 3/4 inch wide and about 1/16 thick.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X