No announcement yet.

Restless : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday. I was really worried that this would not turn out well, and we would have to put Collective into the "Don't go to this mechanic" or "Don't do business with this company basket. That sure says a lot about the character of the mechanic. Humility is hard to come by these days, so it seems there is still hope for us!
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Main relay replacement installed

My main relay replacement came in the mail yesterday evening. Once I swapped out the old one with the new one, I was able to get it up and running again. I was a bit worried though on the first initial start up because it wouldn't turn over, but after the second try it started right up. Going to change the O2 sensor here in a bit, then see what kind of refund I can get from Collective. The real test though for the main relay will be these next couple of days when it's hot out since it'll be under the most stress.

Comment

Out with the old in with the new.

I also, took it upon myself to take a look at the closed loop tab in SManager when it was hooked up to my ECU so I can have an idea of what I'll have to do instead of driving up to UMS Tuning just for them to do it. I believe all I'll have to do now is under the "closed loop operation" drop down just switch it from open loop (closed loop disabled) to closed loop - stock sensor (narrowband) and just click the box for Disable O2 heater so that it's enabled. But for now, I'm a leave it how it is and call UMS Tuning later on today so I can make sure I get this done right even though it seems rather simple.

Last edited by Restless; 09-26-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

After replacing my main relay, I had the car running good for about a week, but eventually my fuel pump gave out and my clutch master cylinder the week after that. So I decided to get a new fuel pump and some other little fuel goodies. Also, after replacing the fuel pump I couldn't get the car to stay on with the Hondata ECU. I'm thinking it's because of the previous tune recently, but as of now I'm back to my chipped p28 again.

Comment

Nice car. & this Collective place, stop going there. Fix the repairs you can by yourself and take it to someone else for repairs you cannot fix. For tunes and more intense stuff save your $ and go somewhere else. That Collective shop is goofing you around and they know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Nice car. & this Collective place, stop going there. Fix the repairs you can by yourself and take it to someone else for repairs you cannot fix. For tunes and more intense stuff save your $ and go somewhere else. That Collective shop is goofing you around and they know it!
              Thanks man and the same to your car as well. When it comes to a nice clean CB7 sedan done right, your car will always come to mind for me. Also, about 2 weeks ago I finally received my refund from Collective. Currently, I've been taking my car to a shop just 5 minutes away from my house as suppose to 45 minutes which Collective was. In addition, unlike Collective this shop is actually accredited by the BBB which gives me a little bit of peace of mind. Unfortunately, I don't have too much time to work on my car so paying a shop is the most convenient for me right now. But of course, anything I can do myself or if I have the right tools to replace something I'll definitely take advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                [/URL]
                Yeah! Going with AEM fuel components! Stoked for you man. Glad to see you are moving on despite some hiccups.
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                X