he thinks his accord is going to quick sell at this price lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he thinks his accord is going to quick sell at this price lol

I seen the car in person a few time its nice but not 3 grand nice.
    http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3064623483.html

STANCE|WORKS

if it runs as well as it looks, i'd give him $2400. If i find any rust, forget it.

Comment

Mods DECREASE the value of a car... if it was stock and in fantastic condition, maybe.

Of course, a high price gives him some bargaining room. If he started at $2000, he'd only be able to go down from there!

Comment

Found this at a local car lot. HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.calcars.com/honda-accord-214656.html

Comment

I'd be much more likely to spend that kind of money on a bone stock, pristine example than someone's project, that's for sure!

Comment

with 256k miles?.. clean and stock or not.. fuck that.

Comment

looks like there is some damage to the hood right above the H.

Comment

^^ I agree. My car has like 187,xxx and is pretty nice. I should list it for like 10,500?

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                  with 256k miles?.. clean and stock or not.. fuck that.
                  Oh wow, yeah... I missed the 0. I thought it was one of those obscenely low mileage cars with 25k on it!

And yeah, I think I see a butt-print on the hood.

Still, I'd pay more for a bone stock car in good condition than one that someone modified. The red car is "lowered", but who knows what it's lowered on. Even if I paid $2000 for it, I might need to drop $1000 into it to fix all the suspension components to make it safe to drive! Then it might need tires on those large wheels, which wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

That $5,000 asking price is not supposed to be a good price. The car dealer has no intention of offering you a good price. They'll come down a little bit but they make their money with in-house financing. You'll spring for the $5,000 if you can pay it off over 3 years at whatever interest rate, because you bet your ass they're giving you credit. They make gobs of money and have no interest in you giving them cash on most things to knock the price down substantially. At least it doesn't have the same effect that it would at a new car dealer.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

All to their own... its what CL is known for... over priced and under educated

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                        if it runs as well as it looks, i'd give him $2400. If i find any rust, forget it.
                        its a sountern car it has no rust.

And it is dropped on sleeves

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          That $5,000 asking price is not supposed to be a good price. The car dealer has no intention of offering you a good price. They'll come down a little bit but they make their money with in-house financing. You'll spring for the $5,000 if you can pay it off over 3 years at whatever interest rate, because you bet your ass they're giving you credit. They make gobs of money and have no interest in you giving them cash on most things to knock the price down substantially. At least it doesn't have the same effect that it would at a new car dealer.
                          Yeah, that thing would end up costing you like $7500 over a few years!

I remember when I bought my house. When I looked at the amortization schedule and saw how the interest was paid down (and what the final amount would be in 30 years) I was shocked. Over 30 years, the interest paid will be an additional 50% of the purchase price of my house!

I'm not sure what the Fit's interest amounted to.

Granted, my Fit is paid off 2 years early, and I expect to have my house paid off way before the 30 year term is up.

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
                            its a sountern car it has no rust.

And it is dropped on sleeves
                            Sleeves as in cheap ebay stuff on stock shocks?
                            Yeah... that's where I'd be dropping a pretty penny on suspension components before I even risked driving that thing.

Comment

I saw that too on CL on my craigslist app. i deleted it from the list...
                              MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Working...
                              X