Car dies when I stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
    I have put a new dizzy , plugs and wires in to try to fix it. I just cleaned and tightened the battery cables and it still does it.
    Only other I can think of is to check the connection to the alt. Sounds like its gonna be difficult, I hope you get it figured out. Also couldn't hurt to check the voltages on the battery while it's running and the alternator, while the positive is disconnected.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

well I know the alt it working because its charging the battery. Ill swap it out in the morning, could it be anything in that little black box on the firewall? I am going to check it out tomorrow to.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

well I know the alt it working because its charging the battery. Ill swap it out in the morning, could it be anything in that little black box on the firewall? I am going to check it out tomorrow to.

not saying your dumb or anything, but how do you know the alt its charging the battery? Are you checking the battery with the positive terminal off? Personally I would be looking at power to be the culprit, did you check the voltage like I suggested before? It would show if the power is the issue. I'm steering away from fuel because you say you have fuel and pressure. So that leaves spark, hence power. Other than that I'm out of ideas for ya.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

It was doing the same thing with my old ebay fuel pump. I put another fuel pump and it still does the same thing.
          I doubt they are both bad.
          Wow, really?
          I give up playing 21 questions with you and trying to understand your logic, Hopefully someone else will help you.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Did you change the dizzy with a new one or an old one? If it was an old one it could be your igniter since you say it does it when your car gets hot. When you changed the fuel filter and the fuel pump did you purge the system you might have air in the lines. Do you have a cel on? It could be a lot of things what exactly have you done to the car? What have you changed with new parts and what have you changed with jy parts the jy parts light be the issue.

Comment

Sounds like your relay is taking a dump. I had this problem with my cb a few years ago. My relay was bad and every time I would get the rpms to drop to idle it would die on me at the light or stop sign. start back up no problem then it got to the point where it would drive fine and have no issue and then started dieing out while driving.

I think what evil demon is trying to get you to do is make sure its not the main relay causing your problem and you not having a fuel pump issue.

you should go back a few steps and put back your old pump and make sure its not you relay. I would stop by the junk yard and pick one out of a newer accord(cd)or whatever else works thats newer that way its a few years younger than a cb that's my opinion. This way you insure that its not the main relay and jump on to the next thing that maybe your pump, then your FPR make sure your at the right psi if not your injectors are not getting the proper fuel amount dropping your (cc)to your injectors. << dont know ur running condition.

I had a fuel problem short story
              took out my injectors
              placed them back in
              ran crappy on one cylinder
              bought new ones
              ran fine.
              ended up being I got some crap in the fuel rail(sat for 1.5months)l clogging my injector
              same cost to clean them as an other set already done. now I'll have spares.

Marry Jane

Comment

hondamanf22 I change me main relay yesterday and I swapped injectors and it did not help. It was running the same way with my old ebay pump so I was like ok my ebay pump sucks so I went and got 2 more fuel pump that looked good and I sawpped one it and it did not change the way it ran at all.
                Lakersfsfan24 I put that dizzy on to try to fix it. I have swapped like 3 dizzys trying to fix it.
                One that me and losiracer built out of random parts we had then I put the one out of my dads car on then I bought another off of a friend and he got it off of a jdm motor form japan and I am using that one right now. I know the dizzy is fine. I think it only does it when its hot because when its cold its revved up at idle.
                I have change my iacv and what ever that thing is that is held on my 2 10mm bolts on the right side of the plenum.
                Could a 02 sensor not hooked up cause this?
                My SE is almost ALL stock.
                Its not like the engine is running bad It has a check engine on for the 02 sensor but it runs good and has tons of power.
                Last edited by thepowderblue; 07-05-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you ever figured it out? I'm having the same problem with my car and I have replaced all the things you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Austintizzzle View Post
                    I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you ever figured it out? I'm having the same problem with my car and I have replaced all the things you have.
                    No. It was only when i was low on gas. I sold that car.

Comment

Working...
                    X