Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hytech replica header for F22A/H23A1 non-vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hytech replica header for F22A/H23A1 non-vtec

I've been emailing back and fourth with a popular header company about a solution to the header crisis we non-vtec guys have been dealing with. I made this thread to gauge interest in a 4-2-1 header like the one pictured below.

Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

I would be interested replica or not. It would be another option from what we have now. It looks wicked. I bet it would have some nice gains as well.

Comment

Interested.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

looks nice. As long as there si no leakage issues with the slip fit, then I am interested as well.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It does look nice, my only concern is the bend for the 4-2 collector looks sharp, and may affect flow. Also curious about whether it would clear out accessories.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Good thing I didnt buy the ebay exhaust kit lol.

Idk Man, Im only lowered 2.5 inches and I scrape and bump my oil pan and "down pipe"(i know it as a b pipe but thats not what its called), either way if I buy its just going to sit in storage till I find some one to make scrape plates this bottoming out/pothole rally type streets are shit.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              It does look nice, my only concern is the bend for the 4-2 collector looks sharp, and may affect flow. Also curious about whether it would clear out accessories.
              Hell yeah I need my accessories. I tried driving with out powersteering and after about 3 months all I can say is fuck that ! My wrist hurt from driving so much. The car ws clearly meant to have power steering.

Comment

power steering clearance doesn't look to be an issue, so much as the A/C lines in front of the radiator. So long as it clears all accessories then I am in.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I see alot of you guys asking about fitment, leakage and so on. I installed this on my civic (b18b) over 2 yrs ago. It was night and day difference. Only thing you would have to do is get a adjustable test pipe. Im saying this with my civic but most likely will be the same for the accod chassis.

I have a ebay cat back, with a Blox test pipe with this style header and its sounds great but also loud. Girlfriend can hear me about a mile away and thats no lie.

I would recommend this for anyone regardless of vtec or non-vtec engines

Comment

This is good, the more people showing interest the better chance we have at green lighting this project.

Comment

oneoff, your comment doesn't address "fitment, leakage and so on." If the Logic header for the H22 (same design as above) needs a significantly notched crossmember, or to be replaced altogether with a traction bar, to clear in a Prelude, we're going to have the same problems in an F22 I would imagine. And slip joints are only as reliable as the person who designs the fit; I'd weld it up anyway.

Logic in a BB6:
                      http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=348943

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I got a PLM header a while back and it was junk..

Comment

what was junk about it? im not trying to insult you but are you sure it was installed correctly? i checked your MRT, it says you have the hytech header and not a replica, is this true? nice numbers by the way.
                          Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                            what was junk about it? im not trying to insult you but are you sure it was installed correctly? i checked your MRT, it says you have the hytech header and not a replica, is this true? nice numbers by the way.
                            No insult taken.. Yea it was on its way to being installed correctly, up until the point of fitting the slip joints together. They were all out of whack. Some were egg shaped and others were oval. It would've taken some serious modification to get that header to fit! Very poorly made.. That's my personal experience with PLM products, but others have had good things to say about them (which is why I tried them in the first place). But there's nothing like a real deal Hytech, which is what I have

Comment

well bro this is the closest us f series guys are going to get so im trying to get supporters. i think if i can get them to make a good quality replica then we could see some good numbers. the bisimoto one is ok but 4-1 doesnt do too well on the f22's and all the 4-2-1 headers on the market are worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X