Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

transmission issues chaos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission issues chaos

I have a 92 honda accord coupe ex auto. Old trans had steady d4 light and would only move in 4th gear. Had the trans replaced recently and now I start the car and it has a steady d4 light on until the car has sat running for awhile. Maybe 15-20 minutes. While the d4 light is on I manually shift into 1rst to move and once up to decent speed shift up a gear but it goes into 3rd. Just 1rst and third gear when the light is solid. Once the light goes off the car shifts perfectly fine. Im ready to take the car back to the shop. Wth could it be? Let me add they put my old solenoids on the new trans.

I have a 90 that did s similar thing. I changed the vss (velocity speed sensor) and it fixed it. I say try that then mayb the tcu, before jumpin into the tranny. Or just try and get the error codes.

Comment

TCU... Pull it out open it and see if the capacitors took a crap on you.

Comment

I tried the codes and nothing came up. wouldn't the vss mess with the speedo?
        I checked the fluid level seems all good.

Comment

I will check the tcu tomorrow morning. Any other suggestions? Weird how it works and then doesn't work. if it was a bad capacitor would the problem still be intermittent?

Comment

By the way, thanks for the quick replies.

Comment

If the D4 light is coming on, and the transmission isn't shifting, then there's something wrong. If there are no codes being thrown when you jump the service connector, then the TCU itself is likely bad. You can repair it if you know what you're doing, or you can replace it.

Most likely, that's the issue. You'd be getting a code otherwise.

Comment

deeve thank you. in the morning ill pull the tcu.

Comment

If you need any help with how to repair it, let me know. I've done quite a few and actually just commented on another post in the begginer section. The one about the "s light".

Comment

Thanks guys. I would love to repair it. Funny thing is im a welder by trade but have no clue asto how to repair the tcu. Referring to soldering and electronics.

Comment

Working...
                    X