Its Been A Good Minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Been A Good Minute

Whats up CD5, as the title states, Its been a good minute since i posted anything/pics of my cd7. Its not the same as cd5tuner.com, is the site ever gonna be fixed? If i can remember, i think it messed up back in February 2010, anyways Haven't done much to my car, just recently got it into winter mode. I thought i would post a few pics, check em out, sorry for super sized pics

Last days in Summer Mode

Winter Mode

looks sweet mayne! im diggin the black 7 spokes it looks good. your real wheels will look freakin cherry with a drop

Comment

I'd say it's been many MANY minutes.
      1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
      CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
      PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Originally posted by Velocifero View Post
        I'd say it's been many MANY minutes.
        haha. yeah.

sup man. I remember you. looks clean as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by NWaccordd View Post
          looks sweet mayne! im diggin the black 7 spokes it looks good. your real wheels will look freakin cherry with a drop
          Thanks man, I looking at a drop as my next mod, most likely sometime next year, but that's what I been hearing this whole summer, to drop my ride, I see cheap springs as low as $50 on eBay but I'm sure there no good, only one way to find out. Do you know of any decent priced lowering kit that won't cost hundreds of dollar$$$?

Thanks HondaGuy1212, I see you got a lude, I'm thinkin bout getting one myself.

Comment

If you're just looking for springs, H&R sport springs are good, they ran me $165ish...Eibach sport line is about the same. As well as Tein s. techs...

If you're not spending a ton, don't get coilovers...the least expensive, decent coilover kits are going to run $500+

Comment

Originally posted by benjiaccord View Post
              If you're just looking for springs, H&R sport springs are good, they ran me $165ish...Eibach sport line is about the same. As well as Tein s. techs...

If you're not spending a ton, don't get coilovers...the least expensive, decent coilover kits are going to run $500+
              Dam that's not too bad, but I know ima need a decent set of shocks/struts as well, my friend installed some lowering springs on his car with stock shocks and those shits blew within a month of the install. But do you guys know anyone who has installed cheap eBay springs? If so how did they rate them??

Comment

Originally posted by knew_era View Post
                Dam that's not too bad, but I know ima need a decent set of shocks/struts as well, my friend installed some lowering springs on his car with stock shocks and those shits blew within a month of the install. But do you guys know anyone who has installed cheap eBay springs? If so how did they rate them??
                Gonna smack ya if you get cheap coilovers. Just warnin ya.
                1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
                CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
                PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Originally posted by Velocifero View Post
                  Gonna smack ya if you get cheap coilovers. Just warnin ya.
                  Why? Did you buy some and they sucked or what? And I'm not plannin on buyin some coilovers.

Comment

Cheap =\= good.

Cheap = bad.

Don't cheap out. If you want a decent pair of shocks to go along with a mild drop, kyb gr-2s are good, or step up to kyb agx (those are adjustable)

Comment

I have to agree with Benji here, don't cheap out. Your life depends on the way your car handles, and that depends on the struts and springs you put in it.

If you want to keep it on the cheap side, I am running the KYB GR2 struts, and H&R sport springs. It's a decent drop, rides nice, handles good, and wasn't terribly expensive. I wouldn't go any cheaper than that setup though.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                        I have to agree with Benji here, don't cheap out. Your life depends on the way your car handles, and that depends on the struts and springs you put in it.

If you want to keep it on the cheap side, I am running the KYB GR2 struts, and H&R sport springs. It's a decent drop, rides nice, handles good, and wasn't terribly expensive. I wouldn't go any cheaper than that setup though.
                        Ya that's true . I found a set of tenzo r racing springs for a decent price, not sure if there any good, that's the brand of my rims. Thanks for your guys input , it really helped

Comment

We told you what we think, as well as making brand suggestions, you have to make the decision from there. H&R's aren't that expensive, and give a nice ride, they don't let the car bottom out, and it's not a horribly harsh ride, or very bouncy. You can spend your money and gamble, or spend a bit more and know that you are getting good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                            The exact same setup that I have and I like it. The only thing I would change it for is if I went to a full coilover system.

Comment

Firmer struts would be good if you really wanted to focus on handling, but mine is very much a DD, and I don't want the ride to be that harsh, so I'm very happy with the close to stock feel of the GR2's, and the handling still improves quite a bit just from the drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X