EXT: Bumper "fog light" Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Bumper "fog light" Conversion

thanks to cb7tuner member Melt for posting this DIY previously on another forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a couple of diagrams based on the method to do it:

Single Filament Diagram

Fairly self explanitory ... lights will come on with headlights, and when you hit the blinker the appropriate one will blink, while the other stays solid.

Dual Filament Diagram

Also pretty easy, there were three wires coming off my dual socket, ground low beam high beam

low blinks, and the high comes on when the headlights are turned on. You can reverse the wires so low come on with lights and high comes on when you hit the blinker, but then they wouldnt really double as fogs now would they.

My moms 91 accord, which has the lows wired to the headlights.. and the highs through the blinker:

i tried splicing the bumper lense's bulb (with the original single filament socket) directly to the corner's always-on-with-the-headlights parking light (the one that turns on when u flick the switch just 1 place), and it made it so both the new bumper driving light AND the original corner parking light NOT light up. i undid the wiring and tried again, and the same thing happened... so it didnt work for me, but it seems to have worked for Melt...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i did it on my 92 by getting a 92-95 civic corner socket from a junk yard. It should have three wires on it. i cut my old socket of and matched the two wires up and then ran a wire from my corner light to the third wire that was left from the socket.
      cb7 sold
      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

did it with a 194 polarg superwhite bulb and harness in my buddy's 95 accord
        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
        the engine was still there...
        ...silly light!

Comment

I melted a set of euro clears doing the foglight conversion. I guess having the bigger filament on all the time didn't cooperate with the cheap plastic. And having the smaller filament on full-time made it look ultra dim and cheap. I just couldn't win.

My members ride thread

Comment

w00t! did this the other day, and it looks dope at night
            MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
            i pulled over and looked under the hood.
            the engine was still there...
            ...silly light!

Comment

wow i feel honored that my diy was reposted .... anyways heres what my civic looked like with the highs wired to a switch and low on the blinker ... i too ended up melting the housing. Oh well.

Another thing i found out about the single conversion is it WILL NOT work on 5th gen accords, or Canada Domestic Market 4th gen civics. Reason is the corner lenses dont blink at all on those, only bumper lenses.

Comment

Melt your 100% rite.. i noticed that on my 5th gen the corners dont blink at all.. which means dual filament is absolute nessesary if u want bumpers to blink too.. after the mod

Comment

*Update on bumper light conversion*

Hello guys and girls of the CB7tuner site...

Well I recently read the threads for the light conversion for the 92-93 Cb7s. Many of those owners wanted to make the bumper light work in conjunction with the corner lights.

I read how some of those people experimented with it and spliced wires together just to make them work...well now I have a better solution.

As 92AccordDX stated he used a civic socket to make it work, yes indeed you can and thats what I did but to make it easier also grab a harness from a CRX.

But in order to make it so you dont have to tap into any other wire, you can use a corner light socket from a CRX I also used a corner light harness from a 92-95 Civic basically free from the junkyard (I just walked out). I went to the yard this morning and pulled about 3 sets (in case I messed it up).

So heres a tip.

Make sure you have enough wiring when you cut the harness of a CRX you need to find a 88-91 model year for this to work.

Intstructions. (I am not responsible if you mess this up. This is a one time deal if you fuck up then god be with you...your CB7 is gonna hate you if you fuck up. )

1. On the corner light of the CB7s cut the corner light harness at the socket(the one thats closest to the headlights BE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH SLACK).

2. Shave the red and black wire from the corner light.

3. Connect the red and black wire from the CRX socket to the CB7 Harness. Leave the third wire alone for now.

4. If you were smart enough to use a 91 Harness (this is for all you 92-93 owners) then connect the third power wire to the CRX 3rd wire.

5. You know the deal...put everything back together. If you cant then you have some issues.

6.Stand back and admire if you did right...you car loves you.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i don't think it will work for me...i already shorted out the passenger side corner light lol along with about 4+ other members on this board
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The Brake Light 1157 Socket from a 3rd gen Accord works and fits perfectly too...and the wire colors stay the same...

Comment

ive had my bumper lights turned on with a 1156 bulb in them (same as a 1157,just single filament) and it started to melt the housings. might not happen with OEM housings tho.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

What's the purpose of this mod? I don't understand what you guys are doing? Are you tring to make the Bumper signal steady burn like a fog light yet still flash?
                          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Well man its worth a try and if it melts the aftermarket housing its cheap stuff...better off using stock housings
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X