CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 11-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #21
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
What decade was this? I think you need to get into underground hip-hop; the mainstream is normally back and forth between garbage and half-decent. But that's what the people like, they don't want to think too much. It's like how crossovers are so popular: they're completely stupid vehicles, and yet they're outselling everything else. To quote Talib Kweli, "Every day somebody ask me where all the real MC's is at. They underground. There's mad talented cats underground with that raw shit." Maybe independent car manufacturers could be a thing in the future, building cars for the intelligent audience??
From about the mid to late 2000s up until about a year or two ago. There will always be underground greatness just like great modified backyard/garage builds (and we still have a few like the Kendricks and Coles and Pusha Ts - they're like your Toyota Motor Corporation or your General Motors or your Barvarian Motor delectables). I'm talking mass production and commercial here. I go back to the solid era of Rakim, Jadakiss, Ice Cube with the Raiders hat, Scarface, 'Frank White' Wallace, Mr. Corey Carter, Nasty Nas, MC Lyte, Mos Def, Common, Em, Dwight Equan Grant, Pimp Juice, Jay Jenkins, Clifford Harris, KRS-One, Public Enemy, Kimberly Denise Jones, etc.. I think you get it.

All this mumble rap and no real message has ruined the sport, and this isn't just my opinion. This is coming from some of the great legends still alive. With that being said, Tesla is seriously attempting to change the game here, and time will tell if it'll be good for enthusiast or not.

"I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a f**king millionaire!"

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #22
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
The mainstream is microwave meal music, easy to listen to and digest, not necessarily with any real content/nutrition. This is the current trend with SUVs and crossovers. Easy to sell, popular, don't need much character, etc. Make it shiny, lift it a few inches off the ground, boom product.

Now we can talk about current underground artists (KRIT, Rhapsody, A Boogie, Dreamville) and even mainstream artist's mixtapes. These are the performance division houses, ///M, AMG, Mugen, TRD, etc. Same artist, completely different persona, free from trying to appeal to the masses because they know they have a dedicated fan base. This is where the Cybertruck lands. It's not supposed to be everyone's cup of tea, it should trigger people... Angry comments are free publicity. Those who know, know.

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #23
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
From about the mid to late 2000s up until about a year or two ago. There will always be underground greatness just like great modified backyard/garage builds (and we still have a few like the Kendricks and Coles and Pusha Ts - they're like your Toyota Motor Corporation or your General Motors or your Barvarian Motor delectables). I'm talking mass production and commercial here. I go back to the solid era of Rakim, Jadakiss, Ice Cube with the Raiders hat, Scarface, 'Frank White' Wallace, Mr. Corey Carter, Nasty Nas, MC Lyte, Mos Def, Common, Em, Dwight Equan Grant, Pimp Juice, Jay Jenkins, Clifford Harris, KRS-One, Public Enemy, Kimberly Denise Jones, etc.. I think you get it.

All this mumble rap and no real message has ruined the sport, and this isn't just my opinion. This is coming from some of the great legends still alive. With that being said, Tesla is seriously attempting to change the game here, and time will tell if it'll be good for enthusiast or not.
That is because time has changed, you cant really expect people people to express volumes when they dont have the struggles that most of us did say 25 years ago; simply put the hunger is not there. 20-30 years ago folks used music as a means of exit without resorting to the lifestyle the mumble rappers talk about but 99% have not lived thru, a low income life now days is about the equivalent of a medium life back then. You cant have content when you have to creatively live in a fantasy world you have never visited because even if the words come out there is nothing behind them driving a feeling.

Back to the Iphone on wheels, as a marketing stunt it works but as an actual truck even most "trucks" now days fall short of that mark. Its sad that we have to buy vehicles and start fixing the problems and or tailoring the trucks to do actual work and i dont mean lifts and all that crap but simple things like gear swaps due to manufacturers installing ridiculous ratios to claim MPG figures.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:24 PM   #24
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Great feedback. Check it out.

"I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I tell ya, it's a weird thing to say. I am a f**king millionaire!"

Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #25
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Is that Marques?? I'll have to check that out...I guess Unbox Therapy, Linus, and iJustine will follow suit?

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:08 PM   #26
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
I just watched part of that video and i have to chime in on the whole "breaking the mold and being different" idea, the Camaro and Mustang sales have been dropping since 2015 when they went away from the mold of what was a "muscle car" i literally see this EVERYDAY on the other forum i joined and they bitch about how GM and Ford have forgotten about their customers blah blah blah, i do keep seeing a trend of people jumping shit from both to Dodge because it retains a certain look rather than trying to keep pushinga n envelope that not only is it not needed but NOT WANTED by the "loyal buyers". I will say the same thing i said about the C8 Corvette, the people that never wanted a Corvette are STILL not gonna go out and get one regardless of how much it changes; this vehicle is aimed to grab a customer that doesnt really want a truck because like and El camino it has a bed but truly will not actually function like a truck for those that need one. The grease monkeys like myself will stay away from it for 1 reasons
1. Cant work on it yourself.

Look how many people get on here and every other forum perplexed about what oil and gas to use on a 30 year old car along with all kinds of other questions that made me close my Chrome book, imagine owning one of those and the threads being started on Tesla forums such as what gas do you use and what oil should i run. I notice evry day i am turning more and more into Bill Burr without the funny side just the anger issues .

I'll say the things that get to me is how people demand answers quickly with no questions being asked by whomever is tryint to offer help, comeback a few days later with my car doesnt start anymore or makes a weird noise then proceed to raise hell on why nobody helped them just to finish off by damning the place and saying forum ****** would of pointed them in the right direction. I guess people expect that by joining, Deeve or someone from here is gonna show up at their house to do the shit for them.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #27
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Is that Marques?? I'll have to check that out...I guess Unbox Therapy, Linus, and iJustine will follow suit?

Yup, that's him. He gave his outlook and opinion, and he kept it 100 based on his thoughts. His perspective opened up a few new windows for me to peek into regarding the truck.

Balancing between functionality and design is not always easy, and it takes a while to executue it with precision. I'm going to be following the truck's developement just because...

Old 11-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #28
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Quote:
It's the fact that it's not designed that will make people's head turn. Come on, if you see the Cybertruck (terrible name) on the road, would you really just ignore it like it was another Yaris or Sentra?
I have to give you that one. My head will be one of those heads turning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post
I suspect they were aiming for the "what the heck is that??" response factor when seeing these on the street.

also, here's a good comparison pic, outside of the showroom:

Everything from the Logo to the name to the design of the "truck" itself supports this. The picture you posted, however, makes me further think that Tesla may have gone just a little too far with that goal this time. I do sense a little trollery is at hand here.

The worst part of the design, for me, is the need for the scalene triangles as viewed from the sides, which, by the necessity of their existence, decrease headroom for the rear passengers. If the roof over the rear seats was horizontal before slanting downward over the bed, I would be more on board.

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:55.317
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:38 PM   #29
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
This was enough to convince me how little sense this thing makes:

But what worries me most is that I wonder if Tesla has enough power of influence to push other manufacturers into making cars that look like this. It's painfully obvious that manufacturers copy each others' styling details. I don't care how much it stands out from the herd in this current moment, it likely won't in a few years' time.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-30-2019 at 06:42 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #30
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
The mainstream is microwave meal music, easy to listen to and digest, not necessarily with any real content/nutrition.
You might like Doug Stanhope. He says something very similar about how people are toward life in general:

Old 12-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #31
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
I remember in grade 8 we had shop class, I made a shelf and it kind of looked like this...

But I have a feeling they'll pull a 360 on this and come out with this crazy looking awesome thing. Then all the Tesla fans get to point at us and lol.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:30 AM   #32
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

Ouuuu Nooooohhhhh!

A good family friend just told me the other day that he ordered one, the $39000 base model. I will have to take pictures and post them up on here once he receives it...

He previously bought a Model 3, but he might have traded it in because he was complaining of pain in his legs due to the posture required of a tall guy to sit and drive one of those.

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
Old 12-03-2019, 04:56 AM   #33
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Ouuuu Nooooohhhhh!

A good family friend just told me the other day that he ordered one, the $39000 base model. I will have to take pictures and post them up on here once he receives it...

He previously bought a Model 3, but he might have traded it in because he was complaining of pain in his legs due to the posture required of a tall guy to sit and drive one of those.

Why ??? Why are people ordering these. The car i can see, but this truck is 100% useless as an actual truck.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #34
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Why ??? Why are people ordering these. The car i can see, but this truck is 100% useless as an actual truck.
I can't explain the science to it, but whatever it is, I need this type of traction with my company and my book(s).

Old 12-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #35
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Why ??? Why are people ordering these.
Because they like being the center of attention?

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
Old 12-04-2019, 02:19 AM   #36
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

That kind of is this guy's deal. He likes to piss people off at times and laugh at their reaction.

I work with his high school aged son, and he actually corrected me, telling me his dad bought two of them...I hope he is trolling me.

Even the son shared the same sentiment us dissenters in this thread have shared.

MRT
Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
Old 12-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #37
verothacamaro
Contributing Member

verothacamaro is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to verothacamaro
Quote:
Why do people lift trucks? Why should I have to climb a ladder to put a stack of plywood in the bed?

I'm sort of torn between the Mustang Mach-E and this truck, but I think the Mach-E is the more realistic solution and I'm not sure the Cybertruck will be built in the time frame promised by Tesla.

Either way, the design is bananas.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #38
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by verothacamaro View Post
Why do people lift trucks? Why should I have to climb a ladder to put a stack of plywood in the bed?

I'm sort of torn between the Mustang Mach-E and this truck, but I think the Mach-E is the more realistic solution and I'm not sure the Cybertruck will be built in the time frame promised by Tesla.

Either way, the design is bananas.
The same reason people lower cars and then have to navigate potholes, speedbumps and entrace/exit ramps to parking lots. It looks cool!

Disclaimer : Two of the 3 trucks I've owned have had mild (~2") lifts. Brodozers are another story.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #39
Raf99
Gold Member

Ya. all good points. Ug. I guess like their cars, only select people will buy them. Good to have an option too.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #40
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Not to be combative, but the air suspension and power delivery more than make this a very, very capable work truck.

The real question is if the power source will hold up under excessive continuous load, as that will draw some serious amperage quickly.

So, will this truck replace an f350? I don’t think so. But. It could if the yet to be outlined power plant can deliver.

In my opinion the design of the truck is actually MORE functional than most work trucks and recent studies suggest the actual cost of ownership will be drastically less than a Ford. For 99% of truck drivers I bet this actually a performance improvement compared to their entry level luxury trucks.

Compared to a real HD work truck. Who knows. I bet the Tesla pwns every single half ton truck on the road though
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: