Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

went to my local auto parts store and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went to my local auto parts store and...

...I purchased brake pads for my front brakes. The kid that was helping me inputed info in the system and then gave me the pads. He opened the box andasked "are these it?", I responded with " I dont know, I haven't taken off the pads yet and don't know if these are the right size". After i said that I asked him that he didn't ask for the tirm my car is, his response was "its a honda, all parts fit". As soon as he said that i wanted to reply with a no but i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. few hours later i started replacing the pads and lo and behold the pads were too big.

I dragged my ass back to the parts store hoping the kid was still there. Well he was and he called me up to the counter and asked what was wrong with the pads, I told him they were too big. he went ahead and looked up the part and choose DX, i then told him that mine was an EX. He then looked at me and asked, "is yours a Vtec?", i responded with a "no". he then looks me in the eye and tells me "then its not an EX", I then smerk and tell him "Vtec wasnt offered until the firth gan accords". He then looks at me and say whatever and goes gets the correct pads. The kid gets back from the back and then tells "they wont fit" I open the box and place my old pads next to the new ones and then match perfectly. I look at him and say "they look like a perfect match to me". Kid was dumbfounded and I just laughed, got my difference and left.

Sorry for the pointless story, I just though it was funny and share with my fellow CB7'ers my experiance yesterday
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

I think it's funny how the other Honda owners out there think they know everything about all Honda's because they know so much about their Integra or Civic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      I think it's funny how the other Honda owners out there think they know everything about all Honda's because they know so much about their Integra or Civic.
      to make it more funny, the kid didn't even own a honda lol
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

Typical parts store.

I ordered a rad for my Integra. "1995 Integra RS, 1.8L DOHC, NO VTEC."

What shows up 2 days later? "1995 Acura Legend 3.2L SOHC V6 radiator."

I'm like WTF is this? Show it to the guy. "Hmm, that's not what you ordered." No shit. Comes back a couple minutes later with an Integra rad that had been on the shelf the whole time.

Same thing, had all sorts of issues with brake pad fitment on all sorts of vehicles from my Hondas to GMC Sierras.

I love when I have to go in there, explain to the guy at the counter exactly what I need, and they have no clue at all, and I get them to bring up the computer screen and I literally guide them through the whole process of year/make/model/part/part number/picture of part/order.

Painful sometimes.

Comment

Luckily i have a commercial account at advance auto

When you're using a commercial account they automatically assume you know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Luckily i have a commercial account at advance auto

When you're using a commercial account they automatically assume you know what you're talking about.
            Sometimes we run into guys that have commercial accounts but don't know wtf they are talking about. That's when we say we don't have it or it's a dealer item.

Comment

I love when I go to the dealer and they have no idea what I'm talking about and they send me elsewhere. If I can't get it at a parts store, or the dealer, what's left?

Ebay.

Comment

Reminds me of the idiot that handed me an o2 sensor socket when I asked him for a bung plug.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  I love when I have to go in there, explain to the guy at the counter exactly what I need, and they have no clue at all, and I get them to bring up the computer screen and I literally guide them through the whole process of year/make/model/part/part number/picture of part/order.

Painful sometimes.
                  i know exactly what you're talking about

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  I love when I go to the dealer and they have no idea what I'm talking about and they send me elsewhere. If I can't get it at a parts store, or the dealer, what's left?

Ebay.
                  dont even get me started on the dealers, my wifes brothers work in the parts department at their local dealer and i dont understand how they know nothing about cars. and they have a combined of 30yrs of "parts" experiance
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

What can I say some people know their parts others dont hell maybe the cat working there must be new. Dont label him as a autoparts noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      i used to be that way. not as bad as the kid in OP but when i joined this site i realized i didn't know jack
                      visit vgruk

Comment

We all started somewhere, just some people are a bit more obvious. Hell been into hondas since late 06 and i don't know everything not even close unless it's a specific chassis or engine i've had my hands on multiple times and even then you learn new things.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

hahaha i miss working at the zone sometimes. i actually tought my fellow counter-clerks a thing or two. and would always come asking for me when they needed something..
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

To be honest, I've never had that happen to me while working there.
                            I make sure to get the exact specifics on the customers car. If they don't have it (even the engine size) I won't proceed.
                            Why? Not for the customers best interest, but because very few of them speak
                            English and I get a giggle over watching their frustration. They don't
                            understand why I'm asking them for engine size for brakes.
                            My answer usually comes along the lines of: More power needs bigger brakes.
                            Chevy seems to be the exception.
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                              To be honest, I've never had that happen to me while working there.
                              I make sure to get the exact specifics on the customers car. If they don't have it (even the engine size) I won't proceed.
                              Why? Not for the customers best interest, but because very few of them speak
                              English and I get a giggle over watching their frustration. They don't
                              understand why I'm asking them for engine size for brakes.
                              My answer usually comes along the lines of: More power needs bigger brakes.
                              Chevy seems to be the exception.
                              Oh, so you are one of the morons we all hate, too. The kind of parts guy that asks engine size when looking up an instrument cluster bulb type.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X