No announcement yet.

driving dumped - a counter-point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't speak for others if you haven't done it yourself.

Ive built my car for my likings and only mine.never have I asked for other peoples opinions just like many People on this forum following other peoples opinions and vote because they can't choose their own. I don't argue with the ignorant.

Comment

What isn't safe about the 350? He might crack a bumper? Damage his undercarriage? Boohoo, if he knows how to drive a lowered car, he's no more of a threat on the road than the person with squeaking bushings and wheel bearings like TracieS has described.

That's of course assuming that its static dropped and not bagged. In the case that its bagged, same shit.
      Last edited by bassrock234; 02-19-2013, 05:13 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

bags are for groceries lol jp either way there are people that are dumped and drive smart. there's a reason they call it LOW N SLOW. if your dumped and your out there driving like a moron then i can understand the argument. it's a lifestyle some liek it other don't but it's all about using your head it's common sence. now i cant speak for everyone and say anyone the has a dumped car uses it effectivly.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
          What isn't safe about the 350? He might crack a bumper? Damage his undercarriage? Boohoo, if he knows how to drive a lowered car, he's no more of a threat on the road than the person with squeaking bushings and wheel bearings like TracieS has described.

That's of course assuming that its static dropped and not bagged. In the case that its bagged, same shit.
          More like, he might crack an oil pan and dump oil on the street, or his tires might come apart at speed from riding on the inside sidewall, or he might rip open his gas tank, yadda yadda

Not to mention the stupidity of modifying a sports car to basically render it undriveable... for admiration on the internet

The whole thing is pretty stupid

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

only vehicle I've seen tear a gas tank is mini trucks and most of the time with cars, the body hits the ground before the gas tank. I've seen cars break oil pans but how do you know he doesn't have a skid plate like most dumped cars do? His camber doesn't appear that bad to me, but any dumbshit who doesn't take care of his ride or inspect it at all could have a tire come apart. I've seen BRAND NEW tires come apart, hell, I've seen driveshafts come apart! and I dont mean fwd driveshafts, I mean big beefy fuckers. Almost ALL "safety" issues people see with lowered cars are completely possible on regular height, bone stock cars.

Have you ever slammed, I mean really slammed a vehicle and driven it on a daily basis? I've been doing it for the past 7 years, all I've broken is an o2 sensor or two, how's that for unsafe?
            Last edited by bassrock234; 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

^ lol it's an abomination 2 broken o2 sensors it's the end of the world the gast tanks on fwd's sit up inbetween the frame rails so the likely hood of rippings a gas tank open is slim to none. however like metioned SKID PLATE's ripping a hole in an oil pan oil on the road wtf do u think the roads are made of. it's a riak everyone is willing to take shit happends get over it.

Comment

Bad ball joints
                No alignment
                People running 1 or 2 lug nuts on the street
                Worn brake pads
                Bald tires

Are equally as dangerous as driving dumped properly or improperly. It doesn't matter the lifestyle, car, or trend. It all comes down to the person driving the car, whether they modify the car improperly or choose to disregard regular maintenance of the vehicle, it can still lead to a dangerous outcome. I see plenty of lowered vehicles, but I know of many more people that put off vehicle maintenance due to funds, or just not caring. Far more people drive their stock cars that are in desperate need of any of the items above, and who is there to complain to them?

Comment

Working...
                X