No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want, I may be up for a trade - top cover and bolt on mine are standard.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Unless it's a pistol like mine standard parts won't fit. The pistols have a riveted top cover with a hinge on it. To remove it completely you have to drill out the rivet. I think this is the main reason I haven't been able to find a replacement.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I done blowed up a squash.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Anyone with an SKS of any variant and an aftermarket 30 round magazine? Won a decent 1951 Russian SKS on GunBroker this evening and I'm looking to purchase a few 30 round magazines. ProMag is always appealing but for about $7 more a mag there is Target Sports which feature an aluminum structured magazine compared to the composite ProMag. I've bought TAPCO in the past for the Colt LE6920 and won't ever buy anything TAPCO again. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some insight.

edit...

Target Sports steel (I called it aluminum above, that's my ignorance, my bad) http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGTSJMAZ

ProMag (polymer) http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGPMSKS-A4

I guess ProMag makes steel mags for the SKS too. A little higher than I wanted to go. But... idk. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/82729
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-30-2015, 01:19 AM.

Comment

A bit expensive but worth it for these 2 items. I can personally vouch for the pin hole sights and was very pleased with them on my old Norinco, the mag adapter I have never tried but wanted when I still had the SKS.

Sights
            http://www.tech-sights.com/sks.htm

Mag Adapter
            http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/our-products/

I want to get another SKS again. First semi auto rifle I ever had and sold it to put towards the CB7, I miss that thing.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              A bit expensive but worth it for these 2 items. I can personally vouch for the pin hole sights and was very pleased with them on my old Norinco, the mag adapter I have never tried but wanted when I still had the SKS.

Sights
              http://www.tech-sights.com/sks.htm

Mag Adapter
              http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/our-products/

I want to get another SKS again. First semi auto rifle I ever had and sold it to put towards the CB7, I miss that thing.
              I have seen those sights and liked them but never put much thought into purchasing a set. I probably will when I get the funds together. I sold a Yugo M59 that was in fair condition to be able to buy this Soviet version in good to excellent condition. I have a Polish P64 I don't want... maybe I'll rid myself of that to get the funds to buy the sights and some more 7.62x39...

I haven't ever seen those adapters. I have to research those a little better. Pretty interesting and a possibility. I'll do my research and make a decision based on what I find. Thanks for the insight!

Comment

I used the pro mags when I had my sks. They never gave me any problems at all. The mag adapter looks interesting, but you'd still have to buy and modify the duckbill mags. Inserting them isn't all that bad, there are other things to worry about with putting a detachable mag in an sks made for a fixed mag.

I'd spring for a D or M model if you can find one for a good price, they're kinda pricey these days I think.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                  I used the pro mags when I had my sks. They never gave me any problems at all. The mag adapter looks interesting, but you'd still have to buy and modify the duckbill mags. Inserting them isn't all that bad, there are other things to worry about with putting a detachable mag in an sks made for a fixed mag.

I'd spring for a D or M model if you can find one for a good price, they're kinda pricey these days I think.
                  My grandfather has an M. I wouldn't want one because I wouldn't use it.

I'm leaning towards the steel ProMag at the moment.

Comment

have you paid the tax stamp for a short barrel riffle?
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                      have you paid the tax stamp for a short barrel riffle?
                      If you're speaking in regards to bassrock, he doesn't need a tax stamp because it's technically a pistol since he's using the SB15 arm brace:

My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I wasn't quite sure who KeeleDesign was speaking to either. I assumed Bassrock as well.

Comment

Pandemic nailed it. Since I'm using the arm brace it stays a pistol and I don't need a tax stamp. If I were to put a regular stock on it, it would definitely be wood or a triangle folder krink style. But at that point I'd just blind pin and weld a fake can on it and make it a rifle. I see no need to go through the hassle, extra cash, and loads of time to ask the government for permission to modify my rifle. Not to mention since it IS a pistol, it's covered under my weapons permit and I can carry it if I like (not that I would).

Last edited by bassrock234; 05-31-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Btw hellraisin you can modify the bolt in that sks so you'll be able to remove a loaded mag with the bolt closed. I have some pics of one I did.

You need to remove the ridge on the right side of the bolt in this pic. (In real life it's on the bottom of the bolt at either side)

grind both sides smooth with the center like so

Last edited by bassrock234; 05-31-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                              Btw hellraisin you can modify the bolt in that sks so you'll be able to remove a loaded mag with the bolt closed. I have some pics of one I did.

You need to remove the ridge on the right side of the bolt in this pic. (In real life it's on the bottom of the bolt at either side)

grind both sides smooth with the center like so

No shit? Thats pretty cool, I like that... Get a spare bolt and I'm in business. That's neat as can be, thanks for letting me know about that man.

Comment

No problem, I had a lot of fun with my sks before I traded it for my ak. (Trade of the century I know)

Comment

Working...
                                X