Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Need of a New Muffler/Looking at OEM 09-12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Need of a New Muffler/Looking at OEM 09-12?

It's time for a new muffler, and owning a wagon limits a few things.
    The double tip muffler that I have now had to be modified from my sedan as it was.

I LOVE the 09-12 Accord tips, and notice that they sell them alone on eBay.
    But does anyone know if the entire muffler could be modified to fit our cars?
    Too big of a canister perhaps?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Any exhaust can be modified to fit of course, but I wouldnt' say the canister is too big. Maybe to big for the tip to stick out past the lip is the issue here. But at the same time it's pretty much the same dimensions as many other mufflers. As for fitting the whole exhuast, no. No way it would line up with bends, etc.

Comment

get the 07+ si and 05/06 RSX type s muffler.

I made a video on youtube of how it sounded on my H22, pretty good sounding.

search for my screenname and you'll find it.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        get the 07+ si and 05/06 RSX type s muffler.

I made a video on youtube of how it sounded on my H22, pretty good sounding.
        Did you put this on a sedan/coupe? I tried to install the RSX type S muffler on my wagon and there wasn't enough room.

I wound up using a late model Ford Mustang GT muffler on my wagon. A lot of GT buyers replace their mufflers in just a couple hundred miles, so you can pick these up for less than $50.

Comment

after owning a greddy evo, I have to say it would be EXTREMELY difficult to find a muffler that won't fit under our cars.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
            Did you put this on a sedan/coupe? I tried to install the RSX type S muffler on my wagon and there wasn't enough room.

I wound up using a late model Ford Mustang GT muffler on my wagon. A lot of GT buyers replace their mufflers in just a couple hundred miles, so you can pick these up for less than $50.
            i put it on my Coupe. If my 21" RSR ExMag muffler can fit, anything can lol

photo of my RSR next to my Apexi WSII

Photo of my RSR next to my Civic Si 8th gen muffler

Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-23-2016, 06:30 AM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
            X