Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 lx wagon and 95 accord suspension compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 lx wagon and 95 accord suspension compatibility

Hey fellas I have a 91 lx wagon automatic and I have recently obained a 1995 accord sedan v6 (no sunroof). The 95 Accord has a clean set of Function and Form full coilovers which I know I can use but it also has a complete set of drilled and slotted rotors front and back, my question is will the front and rear rotors interchange with my 91 lx wagon? Thanks

Yes. Your CB wagon has the same brakes as the CE V6. I would advise swapping over the whole knuckle in order to save time.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Yes. Your CB wagon has the same brakes as the CE V6. I would advise swapping over the whole knuckle in order to save time.
      Cool thanks! So then just swap out the complete front spindles calipers and rotors would be the easiest correct? Also what about the rear? My lx wagon has rear drums

Comment

Same thing there, too! The only thing I would recommend is that you get the parking brake cables from a '91-'93 Accord EX wagon. Someone who knows more on the subject may be able to chime in here, but I've found that 5th generation parking brake cables were a little longer than those from a CB sedan. The CB wagon uses a different parking brake than the coupe sedan, so they could be similar to the '95 Accord V6. But, they do have a different part number.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks a bunch Jarret! Not too concerned with the e-brake cables for now since car is an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by 7beast View Post
            Thanks a bunch Jarret! Not too concerned with the e-brake cables for now since car is an automatic.
            I can tell you that the E-brake has more of a use than just as a parking brake, back in 08 i was doing 90 on the feeder of Bltwy 8 by Gessner and when i hit the brakes they had no pressure; the emergency brake system is there in case the hydraulic system fails you can have a backup and take it from me that your ass will clinch tight in that situation and you will be glad you have a E-brake that is operational.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
              I can tell you that the E-brake has more of a use than just as a parking brake, back in 08 i was doing 90 on the feeder of Bltwy 8 by Gessner and when i hit the brakes they had no pressure; the emergency brake system is there in case the hydraulic system fails you can have a backup and take it from me that your ass will clinch tight in that situation and you will be glad you have a E-brake that is operational.
              Oh man glad u didn't get hurt bud. . And yes you have a point, I might just hold off on the suspension swap for now.. I'm from the northeast side of houston near 59n and 610 area by the way

Comment

Oh man glad u didn't get hurt bud. . And yes you have a point, I might just hold off on the suspension swap for now.. I'm from the northeast side of houston near 59n and 610 area by the way
                No stuff, i moved to Spring 3 years ago. You are not that far away from the wallisville LKQ, that place has gone down hill fast since i used to go there often but stopped for a while until recently and i got to say i was dissapointed. Was your wagon the brown for sale on craigslist?

Comment

No stuff, i moved to Spring 3 years ago. You are not that far away from the wallisville LKQ, that place has gone down hill fast since i used to go there often but stopped for a while until recently and i got to say i was dissapointed. Was your wagon the brown for sale on craigslist?
                  That's cool, and yea that lkq is a mess. The one off of Hiram Clarke is still pretty well kept but it's a bit out of the way for us north siders lol. . And negative on the brown wagon my car is green. I purchased it from an older gentleman out in Livingston with a bad motor.

Comment

That's cool, and yea that lkq is a mess. The one off of Hiram Clarke is still pretty well kept but it's a bit out of the way for us north siders lol. . And negative on the brown wagon my car is green. I purchased it from an older gentleman out in Livingston with a bad motor.
                    I grew up down the street from the Hiram Clarke location, it used to be a mess too glad to hear they cleaned it up.

Comment

I grew up down the street from the Hiram Clarke location, it used to be a mess too glad to hear they cleaned it up.
                      Yea for sure. If you by any chance happen to spot a cb9 wagon for parts anywhere please let me know, I'm looking for the oem roof rack since my car didn't come with one

Comment

Yea for sure. If you by any chance happen to spot a cb9 wagon for parts anywhere please let me know, I'm looking for the oem roof rack since my car didn't come with one
                        There was a guy on either CL or Offerup parting out a green one but i cant find it anymore i did manage to fing this though

https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/6018551963.html

Comment

Working...
                        X