Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 CB9 Failing Smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 CB9 Failing Smog

Hello, recently took a H22 swapped CB9 to the smog station today. Passed inspection and failed pretty badly on the emissions.

Here's what I got.
    15 MPH - Fail (Gross Polluter)
    - CO2(&#37 l Meas= 10.15 l
    - 02 l Meas= 0.00 l
    - HC(PPM) l Max= 78 l GP= 286 l Meas= 323 l
    - CO(%) l Max= 0.72% l GP= 2.22 l Meas= 7.04% l
    - NO(PPM) l Max= 778 l GP= 1973 l Meas= 387 l

25 MPH - Pass
    - CO2(%) l Meas= 14.60 l
    - 02 l Max= Meas= 0.00 l
    - HC(PPM) l Max= 61 l GP= 236 l Meas= 59 l
    - CO(%) l Max = 0.60% l GP= 2.10 l Meas= 0.12% l
    - NO(PPM) l Max= 717 l GP= 1773 l Meas= 163 l

The motor is a JDM H22A stock besides AEM SRI and DC headers.

Right now i'm experiencing terrible gas mileage.
    Did a 120mi trip up to Sac and got 23 mpg with A/C.
    Besides that, no check engine light or anything out of the norm.

Ok. I kinda shot myself in the foot prepping.
    I didn't warm up the cats. Probably hit 30mph tops coming to the station haha.
    So I'll come in hot next time.
    Besides that I have a feeling the O2 sensor might be buggered up.
    I'd like you guy's input.

I'll check the plugs tomorrow and do an oil change. What else do you think I might be able to do to pass?

Honda user manuals

Halp!
    Last edited by Vasiliy; 05-05-2017, 04:19 AM.

New o2 sensor (Denso or NTK only), new plugs, new cap, new rotor, warm cat... what ecu are you running?

Comment

CO emissions are a good surrogate for air/fuel ratio (almost all of the excess fuel is emitted as CO). Your 7% CO at 15 mph says you are running rich.

Might be an O2 sensor problem. Might be a tuning problem. How good was your tune? Are you sure that it is programmed to run in feedback mode except at high throttle openings?

And I assume you have a manual. It wasn't being lugged in 4th gear at 15 mph, was it? That would cause high throttle openings and enrichment.

Comment

Do an ignition tune up, o2, and retard the timing a little bit. So you know, if you retard the timing, NOx will go up. HC/CO go up, NOx goes down, and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
        X