Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch Wont Pump Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Wont Pump Up

Thought I'd share this because I couldn't find anyone who had done it when I was looking.

I replaced both my clutch master and slave cylinder for my car and after replacing them I couldn't get my clutch to pump up at all.

Through trial and error I singled out the problem to a component I know to be the clutch damper.

I removed all of the clutch components between the two cylinders are replaced them all with a single steel braided line, and the problem is now gone.

If anyone has this problem, I guarantee my solution will work.
    Current
    1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
    Rosewood Brown
    1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
    Arcadia Green

Previous
    Bordeaux
    1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
    Bordeaux

where'd you buy the line from? specific

Comment

I contacted techna-fit.com and had a custom hose made. It was reasonably priced as well. Under $30.

I got a 7 ft line, with a 10mm fitting one one end and a 12mm on the other end with 45degree angles.
      Current
      Rosewood Brown
      Arcadia Green

Previous
      Bordeaux
      Bordeaux

Comment

So you replaced the entire hard line along the firewall with a braided line? Interesting.

My car has been down for 3 years because I can't get clutch pressure after changing the master and slave. I haven't had much time to work on it, but the most I can get when I do is half-pressure in the pedal. Not enough to drive the car.

Did you secure the line in any way? I would imagine that when the clutch pedal is pressed, the line would flop around if it wasn't tied down. That could put strain on the connections, and eventually cause them to fail.

Comment

Yeah, I replaced hard line and everything.

My car was parked for quite a while because I couldn't figure out what was going on, and also the most I could get was maybe a half pump.

The line doesn't flop much at all, I used the two bolts that come out of the firewall towards you and used a simple bracket and nut just to keep the line from falling to the ground, and that's about it. Just keep it away from moving parts.
          Current
          Rosewood Brown
          Arcadia Green

Previous
          Bordeaux
          Bordeaux

Comment

Was it a special order, or is it just the clutch line that they show on their site? All you had to do was connect one end to the master, the other to the slave, and bracket it down in a few places?

Comment

I had a similar problem a couple years ago. I changed both master and slave and had no pedal. It turned out to be the clutch hose. I overlooked that part 2 weeks!!!!! changed it and my clutch has been golden ever since
              I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
              Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              My coupe!!!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
              Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

User error. Not to say that your doing anything wrong but when I replaced my slave cylinder on my car it took forever to bleed the system. I thought was doing something wrong but eventually it stated to bleed. Once I got pressure and fluid began to run out of the slave everything was fine from there on.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I've done it for 3+ hours at a time, with two brand new sets of cylinders, using about 6 different techniques suggested by members here... I've also had the help of people that have done it themselves successfully, and they achieved the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewdink View Post
                    Thought I'd share this because I couldn't find anyone who had done it when I was looking.

I replaced both my clutch master and slave cylinder for my car and after replacing them I couldn't get my clutch to pump up at all.

Through trial and error I singled out the problem to a component I know to be the clutch damper.

I removed all of the clutch components between the two cylinders are replaced them all with a single steel braided line, and the problem is now gone.

how does you clutching feel. I was thinking of removing mine. i have auto to manual swap, and the damper is kind of in the way

Comment

Yup, just connected the master directly to the slave and secured it in a few places, no problem what-so-ever.

I custom ordered it, I did not order the clutch line directly from the site because I wanted the 45degree ends and the 7 foot etc.

I too bled mine for hours at a time for several days before I said screw it and used the steel braided line, and it pumped up right away and worked great.

My clutch feels great, didn't notice a huge difference, but acts just like it should, functions great, and not a single problem.
                      Current
                      Rosewood Brown
                      Arcadia Green

Previous
                      Bordeaux
                      Bordeaux

Comment

I'll definitely have to order this. Sounds like it'll fix my problems right quick!
                        Is that all I need to ask for? 45 degree fittings and a 7 foot length?

Comment

Yeah, and the 10mm and 12mm fittings on either end.

Definitely wil fix your problem I do believe.
                          Current
                          Rosewood Brown
                          Arcadia Green

Previous
                          Bordeaux
                          Bordeaux

Comment

Did clutch feel improve at all?

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by andrewdink View Post

Try the slave cylinder

Comment

Working...
                              X