This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/...1581355749002/

Thought I would post this too. Never made it to national news, even though it was only a few days behind the Sandy Hook incident.

Here was an armed citizen, who happened to be present to prevent potentially dozens of deaths. Had she not had a gun on her person while off duty, nobody would have been able to stop him.

It is possible that with as many people as were present, the total death toll may have exceeded Sandy Hook.

Tell me that isn't bias on the part of the media.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Owequitit, ill reply to your questions later, on my phone right now, but wanted to say that piers Morgan is having another talk of gun control on CNN...this is a muuuuuch better formsl talk opposed to the attempted debate with Alex jones, should watch it!

As for citizenship http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD I can easily American
      ..[CB7][STAR]..
      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/...1581355749002/

Thought I would post this too. Never made it to national news, even though it was only a few days behind the Sandy Hook incident.

Here was an armed citizen, who happened to be present to prevent potentially dozens of deaths. Had she not had a gun on her person while off duty, nobody would have been able to stop him.

It is possible that with as many people as were present, the total death toll may have exceeded Sandy Hook.

Tell me that isn't bias on the part of the media.
        Totally.
        I'm going to read backwards from your short to long posts...
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
          Owequitit, ill reply to your questions later, on my phone right now, but wanted to say that piers Morgan is having another talk of gun control on CNN...this is a muuuuuch better formsl talk opposed to the attempted debate with Alex jones, should watch it!

As for citizenship http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD I can easily American
          I have zero need to watch Piers Morgan debate anything unless I feel like killing brain cells, and I would rather do that with beer.

Are your parents U.S. Citizens?

Comment

I have zero need to watch Piers Morgan debate anything unless I feel like killing brain cells, and I would rather do that with beer.

Are your parents U.S. Citizens?
            Ones dual, which is how my brother became dual. I've no plans to live in USA, so I've never applied, but at times I think about it.
            ..[CB7][STAR]..
            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Ones dual, which is how my brother became dual. I've no plans to live in USA, so I've never applied, but at times I think about it.
              That isn't the same test most people go through.

Comment

That isn't the same test most people go through.
                My brother doesn't live with me, hasn't for years, no clue what process he took to get it, but he has it.
                ..[CB7][STAR]..
                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Also, there is no evidence to suggest that the death penalty is an effective deterrent, because again, people looking to do harm in modern society are typically sociopathic. That means that the same thing that would deter you and I will NOT deter them. Of course that just goes right back to the behavioral aspects of the gun control argument, doesn't it? It is almost like there is something there...
                  It's not effective in its current form. So you don't think the low drug use and violent crimes in some other countries has anything to do with their punishment? Most criminals are not sociopaths, you're giving them too much credit.

As executions have decreased in the US, so have gun crimes. We have more mass killings, but overall gun crime is well down from where it was even 50 years ago. There is a much bigger economic component to crime than behavioral.

Besides, retribution is rarely an effective deterrent. The real purpose to the death penalty was to remove people who intended to do harm to others from the gene pool. By making them dead, they are no longer a threat to society. The effectiveness in removing waste from the gene pool in unquestionable. However, starting in the 1970's, we started to push towards putting the rights of these people above the rights of those they doing harm to.
                  Source for stats?
                  We can't prove it's effectiveness. No, it alone will barely make a dent into stopping violence, at first, but we should still do it. It also allows everyone to see what death really is, if we do it public, instead of hiding from reality and hiding the kids from it. And yes even at the expense of some innocents as there will be in our current system.

1) You don't have dual citizenship, because in order to get US Citizenship, you have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the US Constitution and government. Let's just say that hasn't exactly happened in your case. In fact, most citizens who get their citizenship, rather than being born into are usually the ones that have the MOST knowledge about our government because our youth are too entitled to their privledge to take the time to learn about it. You notice when I posted the EXACT wording of the 2nd Amendment, everyone just breezed over it like it didn't happen? That is because they don't want to hear it, even though it is there.

2) Assuming that you were hypothetically an American Citizen, I would respect your right to disagree, but your citizenship status would have ZERO bearing on my standpoint, or why I will continue to refuse to change to your viewpoint. If you were a citizen and wanted my guns that bad, you would have to come and get them, just like any other citizen who tries to come and take them.
                  It is embarassing when I see street quizzes of random people who don't know the simplest of answers about our country, and couldn't pass the test themselves. Let's get rid of them too.

Post the exact words of the 2nd Amendment in the first post, along with some stats from various sources so there's no arguing about them.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Why don't they just give everyone a gun, and ban cars?? Your much more likely to be killed or I injured by a auto then you are a gun. And that will also solve the issue of having large amounts of people at one place at one time. See problem solved...the government should figure that out, they already know cars drive themselves, guns shoot them selves, tobacco causes cancer growing in the ground, and weed is illegal because....well no one can really answer that except its a "gateway" drug...then I guess Walmart is a gateway for murder because they sell guns, or Golden Corral because they have steak knives

Comment

owequitit

Wow. You don't want people to have guns because they MIGHT be able to kill someone with it, and that is uncouth, but you are willing to go watch lynchings in the public square? Hypocrite much? I guess mass death is OK, as along as you aren't the one doing it?
                      yes, im up for watching a public lynching, for someone who deserves it, someone whos taken a life away outside of a war deserves to have theirs taken as well. i dont need to worry about myself, im not stupid enough to commit crimes, and if they gave me the chance to drop the blade on a guillotine onto someone, id have no problem..wouldnt even lose a second of sleep. like uslspct said, 1 less piece of scum on this earth.

www.dictionary.com

First, go look up the definition of "per capita" and then come back educated.
                      despite what you may think, im actually very well educated.

Yet again, your intimate knowledge of the US overwhelms us. Several Cities and States are already drafting the legislation.
                      i dont need to be american to know when i think i see something is wrong. how many times have you looked at other cultures and just said "thats just fucked up"? thats exactly what im doing here.

How does making it harder to get stop people from getting them illegally? Since it is still people breaking the law in these situations, you STILL have not answered my question.
                      like i said, having mandatory mental health screening interviews, interviews with proffesionals who know you(dr's, friends, boss) who can also vouch for you and with a registration on ALL guns in place, guns that are stolen get reported asap. if a suspect with a gun is found that was used in a crime, look at the serial number...trace it back to where it came from...is that gun his? is it stolen? was it reported stolen? if not, who gave it to them? charge them as well. are the numbers filed off? yes? does the gun match the description of a previous stolen gun in that area? seize the gun. scrap it. over time the ammount of guns on the street that are bought and sold illegally will go down. is a shady pawn shop owner going to risk his buisness licence/jail time just for selling a pistol to a guy who doesnt have the required background checks in place?

Stewie, now you are just being a douche.

You are completely backpedaling and trying to hide your retreat. Unfortunately, I am an asshole and am going to expose it.

You show me 1 place in this entire thread where ANYBODY said that anyone able to own a gun had to go out and buy one. This was a topic about people who are pro-gun control (such as yourself) limiting MY ability to BUY a gun if I CHOOSE to do so, not the other way around.
                      when i say "they" i was not reffering to EVERY american, im reffering to the americans that you and i both know shouldnt be allowed to have one, but since its their right to own one, they will get one if they want it.

proper debate, i listen to your views, you listen to mine, i show you what i think the pros and cons are where you try to show me what you think the pros and cons are. watching piers morgan is basically everything id like to say in this thread.

tonight he was having an interview with a former marine

i disagree with not being able to the transfer the gun to a family member, but i agree with it not being able to be sold.

when they start talking about the movie theater, and saying if everyone wanted to exercise their right, would everyone walk into the theater carrying a firearm(in the clip they specifically use ar15s, but i wont here)? i dont know about you but if i had a child and walked into a theater and more then half the people there were exercising their rights to have a gun on them, id turn around and go home..you see it as safe, where i see it as unsafe. i wouldnt want my child exposed to that.

i know you probably wont watch it, but please do, its a debate, a civil one at that. ive watched and read all your posts. i may not agree with them, but i did read them all. the least you could do is watch the video. you'll side with the marine, where i'll side with piers.

done here or not, i am upholding my view on everything here.

However, if all you can do is dance around the topic, start taking sniping attacks, and then try and put words into people's mouths, then we are pretty much done here. So if you want to continue discussing, then you may do so by upholding YOUR view, and not by disparaging others' with logical fallacies, or any of the other stuff you are starting to try and do to derail the topic. Or, perhaps you could be banned and the rest of us could continue with the discussion?
                      if i was banned right now, honestly...it really wouldnt phase me...i haven't owned a cb7 for over 5 years...the only real reason i come to this site is a force of habbit, its part of my routine. the only reason im in this thread so often is cause right now im on medical leave from work, so ive nothing to do for most of the day, im no longer allowed to drive, work, go out on my own, im basically stuck on a couch/bed for 90% of a day and this gives me something to do. so if you want me banned, or if i piss you off that much, ask me politely to leave this site, and i'll never return. just for you.
                      Last edited by stewie; 01-09-2013, 04:47 AM.
                      ..[CB7][STAR]..
                      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

if they gave me the chance to drop the blade on a guillotine onto someone, id have no problem..wouldnt even lose a second of sleep. like uslspct said, 1 less piece of scum on this earth.

So why would you hesitate to shoot a known burglar in your home?
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie
                          yes, im up for watching a public lynching, for someone who deserves it, someone whos taken a life away outside of a war deserves to have theirs taken as well. i dont need to worry about myself, im not stupid enough to commit crimes, and if they gave me the chance to drop the blade on a guillotine onto someone, id have no problem..wouldnt even lose a second of sleep. like uslspct said, 1 less piece of scum on this earth.
                          Honestly, if you look at the history, public lynchings didn't thwart crime either.

Granted, sometimes they were used as barganing or threats, but when used to execute people who commited crimes.....history shows that it wasn't that effective....if it were....there wouldn't have been so many lol. Kind of makes sense no?

Originally posted by stewie
                          despite what you may think, im actually very well educated.
                          That you may, but your assumptions of the US policy and law are what make you look uneducated, because anyone who infact is educated, would take the time to understand the statistics and not just copy and paste and then make assumptions based on what others state.

i dont need to be american to know when i think i see something is wrong. how many times have you looked at other cultures and just said "thats just fucked up"? thats exactly what im doing here.
                          This is an example of you avoiding the fact that you know more about cb7s then America. Which means you know very little about America. Just what you see on "Canadian" Tv....which is already skewed to hell.

Several states have already proposed legislation and your just saying that you are just "saying somethings no good when you see it". But in earlier posts you were claiming facts incorrectly??

like i said, having mandatory mental health screening interviews, interviews with proffesionals who know you(dr's, friends, boss) who can also vouch for you and with a registration on ALL guns in place, guns that are stolen get reported asap. if a suspect with a gun is found that was used in a crime, look at the serial number...trace it back to where it came from...is that gun his? is it stolen? was it reported stolen? if not, who gave it to them? charge them as well. are the numbers filed off? yes? does the gun match the description of a previous stolen gun in that area? seize the gun. scrap it. over time the ammount of guns on the street that are bought and sold illegally will go down. is a shady pawn shop owner going to risk his buisness licence/jail time just for selling a pistol to a guy who doesnt have the required background checks in place?
                          Most of what you suggested is already done during a routine investigation.

Nothing new there. Ill admit im just guessing, but id say the majority of weapons seized that are illegal have the serial # sanded off....its pretty common these days.

Here's an idea....instead of planting chips in human beings, why don't we plant them in the guns????

when i say "they" i was not reffering to EVERY american, im reffering to the americans that you and i both know shouldnt be allowed to have one, but since its their right to own one, they will get one if they want it.
                          Again it's incorrect. The "Americans" that are not allowed to have one, DONT HAVE ONE. The people who commit these crimes either have one illegally or stole someone who had one legally.

Again, were going in circles because you have no argument to argue, so it's easier to take away the rights of the people who follow the law in the hopes it will solve the problem of the non followers.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            THANK YOU!

He would rather stand in the corner and let the RCMP sort it out, but when they catch him, he is more then willing to decapitate the dude in front of a plethora of people.

Fucking weird right?

It just made me think of something-

Studies have shown that when people are led to believe that there will be no retrebution or penalty, they are 10x more likely to commit crimes or illegal actvities.

Just leave an ATM open and see how many people will try and steal cash out of it.

So maybe in his mind, he can't wrap it around actually taking the life and having to answer for it, but if the rope is placed in his hand, he has no problem pulling it...............................
                            Last edited by Ralphie; 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

So maybe in his mind, he can't wrap it around actually taking the life and having to answer for it, but if the rope is placed in his hand, he has no problem pulling it...............................

Maybe as Americans we are confident in our right to bear arms and KNOW the gov has our back in the event someone enters our home uninvited in a threatening fashion.

Now theres a spin on the conversation, lol

Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                                Until someone physically lays a finger on me or my family, anything he takes is a materialistic piece of property that can easily be replaced. And I do believe I've stated bedore that I would only act upon violence if he touches me or my family.

For the ATM comment, not arguing with you there, but how many people do you think would call the 1-800 number and inform the company or bank? I sure would, and you would to I bet.

Public lynchings may not have solved anything, but it easily rids the world of a few that don't belong. And yes, ill say it, there's some people who don't deserve to live...2 days ago on my local news ch, a report went out of an extremely violent 23 year old girl who moved into the city...she's spent her childhood youth killing cats and dogs, and she was wanting to kill homeless people as well. Her, she doesn't belong, I'd put a smile on my face knowing she got what she deserved.

The Americans that aren't allowed one, don't have a gun. I'm referring to the average guy who just found out his wife cheated on him, lost his job, bank foreclosed his home...he goes out and buys a gun...he waits your 3 day cool down period and then gets it?

The system I've suggested isn't 100% but it has more pros then cons. In the event he applied to own one after those incidents, the interviews main purpose is to see your past. Are you a job jumper who's financially unstable....how long have you been married with kids...ever declare bankruptcy, how much do you owe on your credit cards? Etc. right away he'd be denied if he told his situation, come back in 6 months and reapply then. See how your situation is then.
                                ..[CB7][STAR]..
                                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X