Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock H22a1 on Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock H22a1 on Nitrous

Hey need some good positive info on putting nitrous on my car... I've been thinking about putting a 50 shot on my car... I have a 94 Accord with H22 with my F22 trans (tempo til I'm about to get a H22 trans)... I have a AEM cold air filter nd full exhaust (eBay)... other than that... Bone Stock... will I run into major problems if I put a 50 shot on my car??? Im not planning on spraying my car everytime I drive or even wen I get out there nd race... just every now nd then type thing

Definitely not worth it. I would at least want to replace all of the seals in the engine before doing Nitrous.....because those will most likely be the first thing to go from the added power/pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
      Definitely not worth it. I would at least want to replace all of the seals in the engine before doing Nitrous.....because those will most likely be the first thing to go from the added power/pressure.
      So once I replace all seals will I be OK to spray or do I need just wait nd upgrade my pistons and rods

Comment

You can do it on a stock motor, just don't expect it to be reliable. Know that it will break. Have a back up plan.

The seals aren't really a problem, it's the rings that like to take a dump.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

My co worker's dad had nitrous on his Harley and melted a hole the size of a half dollar right through one of his pistons.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

A 50 shot is generally safe, though replacing the seals is a VERY good idea. Do a compression test to ensure each cylinder is healthy.

Used sparingly, with a healthy engine, clean injectors, the proper spark plugs, and a quality NEW nitrous kid (ZEX is the brand I would go with, personally), a 50 shot isn't likely to do any serious harm. If you run through a bottle a week, things will break. If you just spray once in a while... at the track, or impressing your buddies on an empty highway (not that I condone nitrous use on public roads), then it's unlikely that it will break anything anytime soon.

Go higher than 50, and you'll be pushing it.

For such a small shot, I suggest a Zex dry kit. A single point wet kit will be more likely to result in an uneven distribution of nitrous, which will cause one cylinder to run very rich, while the other runs very lean.

Comment

Most nitrous problems stem from wrong fuel/timing and lean conditions. I used to have a 92 sentra with a ga16de and sprayed it 150hp shot quite regularly. The biggest killer is not the amount but how progressively it comes on and proper tuning. I always ran a little more fuel than was needed and had the nozzle about 8-10" away from the throttle body and kept 1ş timing for ever 50hp. I usually use one step colder plugs and got my best results on 950psi. I think the zex kit with the built in purge is the best kit out.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                Most nitrous problems stem from wrong fuel/timing and lean conditions. I used to have a 92 sentra with a ga16de and sprayed it 150hp shot quite regularly. The biggest killer is not the amount but how progressively it comes on and proper tuning. I always ran a little more fuel than was needed and had the nozzle about 8-10" away from the throttle body and kept 1ş timing for ever 50hp. I usually use one step colder plugs and got my best results on 950psi. I think the zex kit with the built in purge is the best kit out.
                I agree on the zex kit comment. Proper tuning in my opinion is the most important part. Ignition timing adjustments, and nozze placement are pretty important as well.

I think the most important part about running nitrous is how it is delivered. Generally speaking, I think nitrous is safe to run but should be limited to track cars.

My thoughts.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying. The further back the nozzle the softer the hit. They also make progressive controllers to make the hit so soft it feels like it's all on motor.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Thx for all the good feedback... as far as ignition goes will MSD be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by H22_CBR View Post
                      Thx for all the good feedback... as far as ignition goes will MSD be perfect
                      In my opinion the OEM ignition components would be perfect!
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ignition upgrades are pretty much worthless on anything but a major build. Don't waste your money.

Also, the Zex kit essentially removes the need for tuning when dealing with a 50 shot. The little "brain box" that it has is essentially a piggyback controller. I believe it will adjust fuel accordingly. Installed and used correctly, a 50 shot Zex kit is very unlikely to do damage.

I do agree about using it on the track, however. Nitrous isn't much good for the street. If you want to boost power for the street, put some forged pistons in your engine and pick up a turbo kit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Ignition upgrades are pretty much worthless on anything but a major build. Don't waste your money.

Also, the Zex kit essentially removes the need for tuning when dealing with a 50 shot. The little "brain box" that it has is essentially a piggyback controller. I believe it will adjust fuel accordingly. Installed and used correctly, a 50 shot Zex kit is very unlikely to do damage.

I do agree about using it on the track, however. Nitrous isn't much good for the street. If you want to boost power for the street, put some forged pistons in your engine and pick up a turbo kit.
                          OK as for a turbo system Wats a good system to run??? Not looking far major boost right now... just want something like a starter kit til I'm able to do tha bigger upgrades like get the head components upgraded, head studs, the crank, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by H22_CBR View Post
                            OK as for a turbo system Wats a good system to run??? Not looking far major boost right now... just want something like a starter kit til I'm able to do tha bigger upgrades like get the head components upgraded, head studs, the crank, etc....
                            http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Screw a wet kit. Run dry with upgraded injectors with a tunable ecu that controls the nitrous solenoid and switches to a secondary fuel/ignition map upon meeting all conditions.

That is the RIGHT way to do it.
                              www.850fab.com
                              IG - @850Fab
                              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                              X