Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What is this bad clutch pedal noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this bad clutch pedal noise?

When the clutch is released you can hear this noise

When you push in the clutch pedal the noise goes away

I made a thread about this before but now i have a video.

Sounds to me like its the throw-out bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
      Sounds to me like its the throw-out bearing.
      But that doesn't make any sense. The throwout bearing is used when you push in the clutch pedal. When you release the clutch the throwout bearing is no longer being used for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        But that doesn't make any sense. The throwout bearing is used when you push in the clutch pedal. When you release the clutch the throwout bearing is no longer being used for anything.
        When you press in the clutch peddle you separate the engine from the tranny. My guess is there is an issue with the tranny, like low on oil or something broken. Or something is broken with the clutch disk or pressure plate.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Mine makes the EXACT same noise, and I installed a new clutch kit with throw-out bearing when I did my 5-spd swap.

I have always assumed it to be the throw-out bearing.
          29 MPG in town ~ ?? MPG Highway
          Originally posted by deevergote
          "how can I make my car unique, just like yours?"

Comment

i wouldnt worry about it too much, it does sound transmission related. probably a noisy bearing
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              i wouldnt worry about it too much, it does sound transmission related. probably a noisy bearing
              So you don't think anything will fail in the near future?

Comment

i dont think anything will fail.. my cb7 makes the same noise as yours and almost every cb7 i know

Comment

I had the same noise on my 03 SRT-4 only about 10 times louder. I beat the heck out of that car and it never gave me issues. All I was told was my clutch was going out drove it for a year before I got rid of it and still no issues.

Comment

its deffenetly a throw out bearing tip...but get it fixed as soon as u can man..mine did that noise and now it soooooo loud and nasty and it fucked up my clutch....

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                      its deffenetly a throw out bearing tip...but get it fixed as soon as u can man..mine did that noise and now it soooooo loud and nasty and it fucked up my clutch....
                      How is it a throw out bearing?

It doesn't make the sound when you push the clutch pedal down which is when the throw out bearing is engaged.

Comment

That's when the load is on the input shaft. That's gonna be the trans input shaft bearing right behind the throwout bearing. I don't remember if you can see it though.

Comment

Originally posted by red07frontier View Post
                          That's when the load is on the input shaft. That's gonna be the trans input shaft bearing right behind the throwout bearing. I don't remember if you can see it though.
                          Quoted for truth. Input Shaft Bearing.

You cant see it, its in the case.
                          1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
                          1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
                          Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

So if this bearing fails the whole transmission goes boom?

Comment

Its not the throw out cuase my throwout went out last month and it made the noise when clutch was engaged and got so bad that the car would shut its self off
                              1992 lx sedan-christy-my black beast

Comment

Working...
                              X