Urgent Question about Timing Tension Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Question about Timing Tension Procedure

Ok so I've read and heard use the 94 and up accord procedure for timing and balancer shaft tension. I just took off my balancer belt and set the balance shafts correctly. Now i want to tension the belts. I see 3 procedure which are all different so am a bit confused. The differences are this

I only list starting after setting TDC
    94 accord (f22b engine)
    1. Loosen adjusting nut 2/3-1 turn
    2. Rotate Crankshaft CCW 3 teeth on camshaft pulley.
    3. Tighten Adjusting Nut

93 accord
    1. Loosen adjusting nut 2/3-1 turn, then re-tighten it.
    2. Rotate crankshaft CCW 3 teeth on camshaft pulley, then relooosen the adjusting nut to create tension on timing belt.
    3. Tighten adjusting nut.

the third is similar to 93 accord.

I am going to follow the 94 accord one as honestly the other one doesn't make sense. I mean loose then tight then rotate then loose then tight. I hope this is right as it's a PITA to do it again. Anyone know for sure.

I use the one for the 93 accord and have no issues. The reason you loosen it again it to reset it to the new tension after rotating the assembly. Our year and model service manual has never steered me wrong.

When it says loosen it means the 2/3-1 turn on the adjuster nut. Not fully loose.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
    X