Your car is ready to take home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your car is ready to take home...

I was so excited, I got an E-mail saying that I can take my car home. I had it a the garage of a guy that I knew well in high school. I was having him weld in panels around the rear quarters, prep my spyder body kit, and prep the body and paint it. We had discussed a matte black paint job with a barred stripe (gold) into a solid, down the center all the way front to back.

Needless to say I am so damn excited that I scoop up my daughter up in my arms and tell her that Daddy's car is ready and ask her if she wants to go with me to get it. She, on the other hand is less excited... but agrees to go. I have my buddy pick us up and we are our way.

We pull up and I am speechless. Now my dear reader you may think that I exagerate but no. Alass I am dumbfounded... There is in fact a CB7 setting there, not a thing of beauty. No, no,no... My car has no tail lights, no exhaust, no headlights, no body kit, no paint, and body work that I quickly determine that I could have done myself... My daughter tugs at my shorts and says "but its ugly daddy" as she wrinkles her nose.

WTF i say to myself. I briskly walk into the office to find out WTF is going on and to tell him that I am not amused. I find this guy in the office feet propped up. I ask him how is it that he thought that my Honda was done or how could it be taken home. (it was a drivable car when it got there).He tells me that he bought a boat and needed the space, the panels were in and that he was as done as he was going to be... I went to start it, after moving all missing body parts out of my way, and... NOTHING. Pop the hood and there is no battery, he walks out and says that it was stolen with a shitty grin. I slam the hood and pick up cell phone. Thank God for AAA, they towed it to my house and put it in my driveway. He was damn near as pissed as I was that this dickhole did this.

So now I'm left with at least a month worth of fixing his body work and still have to paint it. I am not very good at either... time to learn. I did learn a lesson, Sometimes its better just to do it yourself... Now I need to find some spare time and someone to teach me a few things...

Sounds like it's time for a lawyer.
    Or, you could assist those "thieves" in removing some property.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
      Sounds like it's time for a lawyer.
      Or, you could assist those "thieves" in removing some property.
      Already talk to one on my way to work tonight and its going to be a contract thing about the work... on the "stolen" property... the battery went to the scrap yard I'm sure. Karma is a bitch, I'll let her take care of that part. I have a brand new jelly at the house that I was going to put in the trunk, the "stolen" one was 6 years old and had a dead cell...

Comment

So whas this a friend or like an actual licensed body shop? And did you pay alot? I'd be rippin them a new one esp for giving you your car back in pieces, like WTF.
        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

You got taken for a ride.

Like stated before, it's lawyer time.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Working...
          X