Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gauge Instrumental Cluster lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Instrumental Cluster lights.

Alright guys, I did do a search on the forums did come across similar problems but not quite the same.

;Background story on issue, Cluster was fully functional back in 2010/2011.
    Even after the engine blew out.

*No stock stereo, Aftermarket cheapo installed "still worked"
    *Dimmer switch does control light level ( Ordered a new one just incase )
    *Fuses all look good.
    *Bulbs inside cluster, Pass with multimeter test (light up )

I just started working on this car again. Since I have started I have basically got everything working accept the gauge cluster instrumental panel.

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me to the direction or how to fix ?

Only 1 light works ontop o_O? and by the mileage indicators.
    while car has its lights on

while car has key turned before ignition.

Mine was doing this among other issues, I had to replace the entire cluster in my case, but even after I did that my bulbs that illuminated the cluster on top weren't working.

I Had to rotate the bulbs 180 in the socket to reverse the polarity and then it all lit back up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKlown View Post
      Mine was doing this among other issues, I had to replace the entire cluster in my case, but even after I did that my bulbs that illuminated the cluster on top weren't working.

I Had to rotate the bulbs 180 in the socket to reverse the polarity and then it all lit back up.

I'll try this tomorrow and see where it takes me, Thank you for the information. I might just order a new cluster as well and see if the entire thing is just short circuit.

Comment

Maybe a circuit was damaged when someone did the white faced gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Maybe a circuit was damaged when someone did the white faced gauges.
          I did it, It all worked fine till i discontinued using the car. I did see it fire up as it should once than never again. But you could be right. Other I might just order a new gauge cluster panel and sell where this takes me.

Comment

These old circuit boards are known to have tiny cracked traces after they have been removed and re-installed. Heat can exaggerate the crack by warping the plastic the board is mounted to and you have a broken trace making the lights do like yours do.

You have a mutimeter, so look for where the 12v ends and double check all grounds.

Comment

These old circuit boards are known to have tiny cracked traces after they have been removed and re-installed. Heat can exaggerate the crack by warping the plastic the board is mounted to and you have a broken trace making the lights do like yours do.

You have a mutimeter, so look for where the 12v ends and double check all grounds.
              I will, Tomorrow after work. I'll open it up, If I find the solution I'll post it up. I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Just information, For anyone looking for an answer,

Diagnostic, Bill is correct. I removed a tack gauge that actually connected the circuit towards the lights(Fixed ) Just re soldered them.

Comment

good to hear. Bill's pretty helpful around these parts I think he's replied to each of my questions lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKlown View Post
                    good to hear. Bill's pretty helpful around these parts I think he's replied to each of my questions lol

I did do your test, believe it or not. They shined just a little bit better. I left some at a certain degree as you suggested and the other ones fully locked. I would agree with you bill does know what he's talking about 8).

Comment

Working...
                    X