CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Emnesty
Newcomer

Emnesty is cool... so far.
1992 Honda Accord Service Manual

Hey guys! Brand new to the forum. And forums in general. I got a cb7 from my neighbor about two months ago. Already done a lot of repairs to it. Got it for 300 bucks! It's a coupe too. Anyways, I called the local dealer around here for a service manual. But they discontinued it and they don't have any spare copies. I live in Canada. Would you guys know how to get a hold of one? Preferably without forking over a bunch of cash. ahha but then again money turns the world! I've looked on Ebay, but It just has the front cover in the pictures. Kind of shady. And it cost almost 80 bucks! - to get it shipped to me. Anyways let me know if any of you guys have any ideas on where I could find one.
Emnesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Welcome!
The manual is floating around on the internet...Not sure if I can post the link but if you google "schweet honda manuals", you should find it

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You can also find them pretty regularly on eBay and amazon. Paper manuals are usually easier than scanned PDF files.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
(In Canada too) You will have to get the real manual online. Your other options are Haynes manuals that you get at Canadian Tire which should do the trick.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Haynes is barely usable, but better than nothing. Avoid Chilton's like the plague. Utterly useless. To the point of being harmfully confusing.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #6
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Haynes is barely usable, but better than nothing. Avoid Chilton's like the plague. Utterly useless. To the point of being harmfully confusing.
I've had no issues with Haynes, I disagree with barely usable. It doesn't show me how to rebuild a transmission but it's helped me with anything else with the car. It even goes through an engine tear down. Still always wished I had a proper service manual for the car though.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Perhaps barely usable is a bit much... but compared to the Helm manual, it really does seem so.

Helm is a detailed road map.
Haynes is an old guy at a gas station giving you directions using a handful of landmarks.
Chiltons is a 4 year old telling you about his lunch and his favorite cartoon (and asking a 4 year old for directions is about as wise as using a Chiltons manual!)

Old 07-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
dhill_cb7
CB7tuner Member

dhill_cb7 seems to have made some friends! dhill_cb7 seems to have made some friends!
Dealerships will overcharge for the manual.

Definitely look on amazon, ebay, or a trusted site for 1992/1993(they are the same).

You could try all the dealerships(not the closest one to you) and see if they will ship you a 1992-1993 manual and see what it runs but my dealerships overcharge for everything!
dhill_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
One on ebay for $29:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Honda-A...5ZDPa3&vxp=mtr

Another for $20:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Honda-A...0AAOSwB09YCVEV

INVENTORY REDUCTION! LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right

Last edited by fleetw00d; 07-23-2017 at 12:59 PM.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1992 , 1992 accord ex , cb7 , diy , service manual

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: