No announcement yet.

my smog thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm i called jesus and he told me that in order to retard the timing turn the dist towards you if standing in front of the front bumper. that's what i did , which moved the flywheel mark down.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

blowing chunks of carbon out of your tail pipe?

Is this safe haha

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
        hmm i called jesus and he told me that in order to retard the timing turn the dist towards you if standing in front of the front bumper. that's what i did , which moved the flywheel mark down.
        Oh okay thats right. I was thinking the timming light was hitting below the pointer.
        EDit: now that I think about, I just confused myself. I meant I thought the light was hitting below the flywheel mark, but you have it right, the light is actually shinning through the pointer, just above the flywheel mark
        Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Good shit Timmy. I've a jdm h22 swap coming up in a month or two, hopefully it will pass. I'm still debating if I wanna run a USDM or JDM ecu though.

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
          My Precious Toy
          Swap Thread
          916 Cb7
          "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
          "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

I vote USDM, because it has no speed limiter

My swap thread

Comment

never knew that about the USDM, why would it have that unsafe feature? either ECU your run man it will pass if you have a good cat, and clean EGR ports. may want to retart the timing just a slim like i did.
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

never knew that about the USDM, why would it have that unsafe feature? either ECU your run man it will pass if you have a good cat, and clean EGR ports. may want to retart the timing just a slim like i did.
                Sounds good. I plan on before I smog to put a new cat on and definately clean my Egr valve/ports. Check my little thread I threw together about the swap.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=114471

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
                My Precious Toy
                Swap Thread
                916 Cb7
                "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
                "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

never knew that about the USDM, why would it have that unsafe feature?
                  Good question, maybe a selling feature to give the prelude credit as an actual sports car in the US? I dunno, but I like the feature. JDM one cuts out at 115.

My swap thread

Comment

^ true that. saved me from killing myself numerous times , but losing the car i was chasing .
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

ok guys great news, i passed smog! here is what i did to remedy the situation.

first was to clean the EGR system. i removed my EGR valve, which is a pain w/o the right tools and cleaned it out using carb cleaner and a toothbrush. i made sure to remove all the carbon build-up that was there from the f22a. then i started to clean the EGR ports, WITHOUT removing or drilling the service plugs. this is what i did.

i poured seafoam into the runner which is the rectangular hole, not the circular hole where the exhaust gases come from. i poured until it overflowed. then i jacked the pass side WAY up to tilt the car/motor and get the liquid to pour into the ports and runners. then i let it sit for 5 minutes before starting the car. i temporarily hooked up the electrical plug and vac hose to the EGR so when i started the car it won't throw a CEL, but felt it hanging on the side. i let all the carbon and seafoam burn for 5 minutes. i looked at my exhaust tip and found bits of carbon chips that flew out. i would have thought the cat would filter that crap but i guess it didn't.

after the 5 minutes i started to spray carb cleaner into the same rectangular hole. as i sprayed the car would bog since i was flooding the fuel charge, so i would only give small doses of cleaner at a time. i would also hold the rev higher via throttle body and spray some more cleaner in there. i repeated this one more time for good measure. i also tried blowing compressed air into the runner when the motor was both off and on but that always led to carb cleaner splattering all over my face and engine bay . after i saw the shine of aluminum through the holes i was satisfied that it was clean and reinstalled everything back together. i hoped that the ports where as clean too.

next i retarded the timing a tad. if this is stock ->, mine was at _> which isn't too bad i think.

so i brought the car back to the same spot as my first test. i told the same guy that did my smog that i cleaned the EGR ports. this time it went much quicker and faster but i turned the car off while waiting for my turn. this allowed my cat to cool a bit.

when he got to it he still did the LPFET (low pressure fuel evaporative test) like last time but this time he also checked my timing. i was scared that he would find the timing was bad but he didn't and continued with the test (phew!). he did NOT hold the rpms high like he did last time to warm up the cat. he just started the test as he would a normal car. i was scared that the cat wasn't going to be hot enough but here are the results:

meas = amount measured
                      ave = average for passing cars
                      max = maximum allowable
                      (in parenthesis) = first test numbers

15mph test:
                      1991 (1807) RPM
                      %CO2 meas 13.39 (13.68)
                      %O2 meas 1.21 (0.92)
                      HC (PPM) max:116 ave:31 meas:113 (32)
                      CO(%) max:0.74 ave:0.10 meas:.17 (0.03)
                      NO(PPM) max:791 ave:237 meas:0397 (946)

25mph test:
                      2168 (2199) RPM
                      %CO2 meas 13.50 (13.60)
                      %O2 meas 1.26 (1.07)
                      HC (PPM) max:91 ave:20 meas:41 (34)
                      CO(%) max:0.62ave:0.09 meas:0.08 (0.03)
                      NO(PPM) max:730 ave:199 meas:0094 (826)

results:
                      PASS test
                      thanks man

imma follow this.

our max NOX levels are just under 500. (dont know what measure)

1488 was mine so it failed, CO and HC was good.

plan is to clean the egr thing like u and shove a cheap high flow cat to get this cb7 on the road.
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Originally posted by f22-dohc View Post
                        thanks man

imma follow this.

our max NOX levels are just under 500. (dont know what measure)

1488 was mine so it failed, CO and HC was good.

plan is to clean the egr thing like u and shove a cheap high flow cat to get this cb7 on the road.
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

glad i could help man!
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

So i failed my bar test last week, pretty much i just need a stock downpipe and cat to pass it. any of you guys have one? sorry if im thread jacking but this seems to be the spot to ask.

I gotta get this done asap cuz im trying to sell my cb and this is holding me up.

Lemme know if any of u got one or can get one! thanks!

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

why did you go to the BAR when you have a stock motor? yeah you need a smog-legal header (one with a CARB number, like DC sports sells) and newer cat to pass smog.
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

so, I'm assuming you have a test pipe on and not a cat, right? what headers are you running on your car? if you're trying to get your exhaust to pass inspection of the noise level, then they will look at those stuff. especially the cat. let us know more info.......
                                The beginning of a new era............................
                                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                                X