Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wassup everyone where's a good place to buy a plain motor like a Nissan murano 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wassup everyone where's a good place to buy a plain motor like a Nissan murano 2004

I need to find a reliable place anyone got any suggestions.

a local junkyard would be your best bet. Pick-n-pull or some places like that have motors starting around $200 or so.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      a local junkyard would be your best bet. Pick-n-pull or some places like that have motors starting around $200 or so.
      Ty

Comment

Can you at least attempt to put together a cohesive thread title and use some sort or punctuation? Reading things you post make my eyes bleed.

Comment

http://www.autopartsearch.com/urg/rs...cfm?urgid=PR01

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM View Post
            Can you at least attempt to put together a cohesive thread title and use some sort or punctuation? Reading things you post make my eyes bleed.
            If it hurts you that much just keep your eyes closed and don't respond to my threads.

Comment

www.car-part.com

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Craigs list for me. what motor is in that morano and whats wrong with it?
                ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

3.5 Vq35de awd I think its the same motor from out of the Nissa. Altima ser I checked on a car doing a friend a favor and the car was smoking. My friend took it to a shop. The owner of that shop said the motor is seized I called bullshit.

I went to the shop to look at it myself the car hasn't even been touched compression or leakdown tested. Worse case scenario imma look I to a motor to help out someone. I swear this is the last motor swap I do. Its gotta come out either way from underneath :shivers:

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    3.5 Vq35de awd I think its the same motor from out of the Nissa. Altima ser I checked on a car doing a friend a favor and the car was smoking. My friend took it to a shop. The owner of that shop said the motor is seized I called bullshit.

I went to the shop to look at it myself the car hasn't even been touched compression or leakdown tested. Worse case scenario imma look I to a motor to help out someone. I swear this is the last motor swap I do. Its gotta come out either way from underneath :shivers:
                    its easy, thats how ive taken out two F's and put in my H. If you had a car lift itd be even sweeter just raise the car off the engine cradle. If its "seized" you might be able to spray some penetrating oil down the plug holes and trying rotating the engine backwards (dunno if youd need to disconnect the timing belt for the engine) My friend got a sebring for 100 bucks with a seized engine, did that and drove it for a couple years lmao

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                      its easy, thats how ive taken out two F's and put in my H. If you had a car lift itd be even sweeter just raise the car off the engine cradle. If its "seized" you might be able to spray some penetrating oil down the plug holes and trying rotating the engine backwards (dunno if youd need to disconnect the timing belt for the engine) My friend got a sebring for 100 bucks with a seized engine, did that and drove it for a couple years lmao
                      I know I got the lift but I know the murano motor swap shouldn't be all that bad. Its going to be my first touching anything on that car. It shouldn't be that bad but I'm a bit weary since my findings that most cars that are 2004 have a minimum of 100+miles on it.

Thinking of sending g it out to be rebuilt since there's been a rumor of the pistons or rings cracking on that motor as a manufactures defect. So the last thing I wantto do is purchase a motor and then having to end up swapping it out again to have it blow up again.

Comment

The reason I asked is I have seen other early 2000 nissans with piston ring problems. I believe it was the 2.5 four in the one I saw though. Poor kid paid over 6000 and it gets 100 miles per quart.

Comment

Damn but cb7calling was it a manufactures defect? Is it a common thing with just the motors in general?

Comment

Im not a real mechanic so I dont know. I just kinda hyperbolicaly remember stats, some alot of people know some not so many. I keep up on common problems cause I drive old beaters like nissan trucks late eighties early nineties, with the standard run untill they rust out. Same with the early nineties carolla. Its like nissan made a great 2.4 but 2.5 is garbage. Same with the d17 garbage. There are tons, automatic hondas after 2000 but before 2006, junk.

I digress I dont know how to fix the problem, just how to avoid it.

Comment

which torque wrench should I get

Anyone have a torque wrench that would be beneficial for me. Going to do a head gasket job soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X