Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Grounding Aftermarket System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grounding Aftermarket System

can somebody tell me a good place to put my ground wire around the trunk area?

pretty much any bolt you can loosen and wrap a wire around will work fine, all you have to do is make sure the metal is clean. some people will recommend certain bolts over others, but the whole chassis is one big ground, so it really doesnt matter.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Make sure you use a ring terminal and put the bolt threw the terminal. A good ground is key. You want to sand the area down to bare metal so there is good contact also.

Comment

ok thnks for the advice guys!

Comment

Get to the welded subrame if you can rather than grounding to a bolted on sheet metal part.

Comment

The shorter the ground wire the better too. And if you have other grounds in the area its best to use that ground (have one main ground instead of 3 smaller spread out ones).

Comment

I have my amps grounded to the strut tower bolts/nuts.

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I did mine on the back seat bolt on the passenger side, gave her a good sanding and it works for me.
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

I did mine on the fuel sender unit ground just behind the rear seat under the trunk carpet. Just used the same bolt so I didn't have to drill a new hole. Used a dremel with wire wheel to make sure it made good contact.

So far its working well.

Comment

Best spots would be at the strut tower or at the bumper bolts they're bolted to the frame...
                    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

I always drill a bolt through the fender well, easy to get a nut on it by reaching behind the tire. Wire wheel it top and bottom. Tighten the bolt and nut up, the tack weld the nut in the fender well so it's easy to remove the bolt, then hit the inner fender up with some spray on bed liner

Comment

Originally posted by ShowStopper71z2 View Post
                        Make sure you use a ring terminal and put the bolt threw the terminal. A good ground is key. You want to sand the area down to bare metal so there is good contact also.
                        That, sometime i scrape the area with something sharp, and then sand it down to make sure it's bare metal.

Comment

If you grind a spot down to bare metal make sure you seal it some way to prevent rust. It doesn't matter if you put a clear coat on it or rattle can it just seal it. Well this is the Minnesotan in me I guess. Rust is my biggest obstacle.

Comment

google: "site:cb7tuner.com ground amp trunk cb7tuner"

Grounding locations for trunk mounted amps?
                            Best place to ground amp in trunk
                            Best place for a ground in the trunk
                            AMP problem
                            Amp ground?

searching does wonders

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

as many guys here have said, use any bolt, i did with my CB7 when redid the entire system.

Worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                              X