Camgear moved while timing belt was off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camgear moved while timing belt was off

Ok so after almost 3 years I started to work on my car , I have a Jdm h22 that I been replacing seals and all the other regular maintenance. I was in the process off doing the timing belt, when I went to put it back I accidentally moved one of the cam gears counter clockwise, can I just move the cam gear by hand? Also my dumbass was so excited to finally start working on the engine that I didn't set it at TDC before removing the timing belt.

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
    ....... can I just move the cam gear by hand? .......
    Yes. Or use a ratchet on the cam gear bolt. Anything you need to do to get the timing marks to line up again.

Comment

Just go back and set everything to TDC by hand. The hardest part to line up correctly are the balance shafts, but not too tough if you have a good repair manual.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Do I set the cam gears at tdc first or the crank or it doesn't matter wich one I do first?

Comment

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
            Do I set the cam gears at tdc first or the crank or it doesn't matter wich one I do first?
            It will not matter which one you do first as long as they are set properly since it is possible to be 180* off.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Awesome thanks got everything lined up just need to set the balance shafts now

Comment

Or just remove the belt for the balance shaft. You'll pick up about 5 hp and you won't notice any difference in vibration except at idle. And you won't have to worry about lining up the balance shaft.

I've done this on every H22 and F22 engine I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
                  Or just remove the belt for the balance shaft. You'll pick up about 5 hp and you won't notice any difference in vibration except at idle. And you won't have to worry about lining up the balance shaft.

I've done this on every H22 and F22 engine I've ever owned.
                  I'm definitely going to be doing it my mine very soon!

Did you use a balancer shaft delete kit?.... I think that would involve taking the engine out of the car to do that right?
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    I'm definitely going to be doing it my mine very soon!

Did you use a balancer shaft delete kit?.... I think that would involve taking the engine out of the car to do that right?
                    i think you would have to, to be able to pull the shafts out. unless you could angle them motor down enough to pull them out under the wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      I didn't have the engine out, so I just left the balance shaft in when I removed the belt. You only need the delete kit if you remove the balance shaft.

Comment

Working...
                      X