X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Tranny not shifting

Hi all,

93 accord lx, auto:

Today on the way to work, I was on the highway and my rpms jumped up. i pulled onto the feeder and its seems like my car is stuck in second gear. I feel its not going to first either because from a stop, it is sluggish. My D4 is NOT flashing but when I change it to another gear, the D4 light stays on and so does the gear I change to. any ideas on what might be going on? i checked the tranny fluid and it looks good. Is my TCM throwing a code, because i have had the D4 flash before but not stay on constantly. I drove at a slow speed to work and then after a while, it started shifting again.

TCM most definately. ive gone through 3 of them already, just go to ur junk yard and pick one up, should be under 100 bucks. nothing really u can do but buy another one. something that will kill it and make that light flash is if u go from R to D4 while ur still moving backwards. everytime i did that my D4 light would flash

Comment

you can contact me and buy the tcm i have sitting in my shed!!!
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        TCM most definately. ive gone through 3 of them already, just go to ur junk yard and pick one up, should be under 100 bucks. nothing really u can do but buy another one. something that will kill it and make that light flash is if u go from R to D4 while ur still moving backwards. everytime i did that my D4 light would flash
        you had the same symptoms?

Comment

yep same exact thing happened to me and i just got a new tcm and it was better, u can get those chipped too and it will give u better MPG and higher revs

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

no prob, u should be back up and running with a new TCM, funny same thing down to lights happened to me

Comment

Thats exactly what I was gonna say. CB7s are notorious for TCM failures.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Tranny Prob

DICONNECT THE CUMPUTER [TRANNY] AND OPEN IT UP ON THE LOWER END BY THE CONNECTORS THERE WILL BE A RESISTOR AND 3CAPACITORS BURNT REPLACE THEM AND INSTALL {POOOOOF} JUST LIKE THAT U SAVE 100 BUCKS

Comment

update for searches:

I pulled the fuse/reset the ecu/tcm and it runs fine now. didnt have to purchase a new tcm

Comment

Working...
                    X