Side Mirror Difference 4 Door vs 2 Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Mirror Difference 4 Door vs 2 Door

I found a Driver Side Mirror on Ebay but it says, "Off a 1993 Honda Accord Ex 2 door with manual transmission".
    My CB is a 1993 EX 4 DOOR. I saw other threads on this subject but I didn't see a final answer.

Will a side mirror from a 2 Door with the same exact year(1993) and same model (EX) fit exactly on a 4 Door?

Yesterday I went to a cookout for the 4th of July at my Aunt's house where the
    streets are very skinny. I folded my driver side mirror in just as a precaution.
    When I was leaving I tried to unfold my mirror back in place & I heard a huge
    "SNAP".

So I think my dumb self broke whatever plastic piece that rotates the mirror?
    When I was driving home the mirror was so loose that the wind kept folding
    it in haha. (Pretty funny because this was self inflicted!)

Can you pull the mirror assembly apart to fix?
    Keep Pushing..

I saw a thread saying that the 90-91 mirrors are a bit different from the 92-93 models. Not really what I am looking for though..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=3559

Other thread talking about 2 door mirror vs 4 door mirror but no real 100% answer.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2298
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Based solely on the part numbers and diagrams online, there is something different between the coupes and sedans. What that is exactly, I'm uncertain. However, comparing 90-91 to 92-93 part numbers, they appear to be the same, only variables are the OEM paint colors that they come in (since colors change through the years, but the Frost White mirror part numbers remained the same from 1990-1993).

If I were to guess, it's got something to do with the angles of the door frame and window track. I'd recommend sourcing the mirrors from another LX or EX sedan.
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
        Based solely on the part numbers and diagrams online, there is something different between the coupes and sedans. What that is exactly, I'm uncertain. However, comparing 90-91 to 92-93 part numbers, they appear to be the same, only variables are the OEM paint colors that they come in (since colors change through the years, but the Frost White mirror part numbers remained the same from 1990-1993).

If I were to guess, it's got something to do with the angles of the door frame and window track. I'd recommend sourcing the mirrors from another LX or EX sedan.
        The coupe windshield, and therefore the door window frame, is a little more raked than the sedan and wagon. A sedan mirror can be bolted to a coupe door, but it doesn't fit correctly. I have at least one of each, got a particular color in mind?
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-14-2017, 10:01 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post

Looking at your MRT I do like the way your mirrors looks. I was just so used
          to the Rosewood color on the mirrors so I was wondering how black ones would
          look. They look good because it matches the door trim.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            The coupe windshield, and therefore the door window frame, it a little more raked than the sedan and wagon. A sedan mirror can be bolted to a coupe door, but it doesn't fit correctly. I have at least one of each, got a particular color in mind?
            So wild that it is that much of a difference between the Coupe & Sedan.

Good information to know though. That's why I was curious as to why the
            mirror I found on eBay said it only would fit properly on a coupe.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

For everyone's info, if you have a mirror off the car and want to know if it is for a 2 or 4 door, look at the mounting plate. SM2 is for 2 door, SM4 for 4 door or wagon.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-05-2018, 04:10 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
              X