Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to know how much the entire interior weighs for the 4 door. Carpet, trim, back seats, and headliner. The only things still in is the front two seats. I should have weighed mine when I took everything out but i forgot whoops.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I heart this thread. I hope to get mine down pretty good once I get the lexan project started. Might be this winter, but even so, it shall be awesome.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

tnwagi want a pic of the inside of ur car

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
          I heart this thread. I hope to get mine down pretty good once I get the lexan project started. Might be this winter, but even so, it shall be awesome.
          Lexan is the first step into getting serious about weight reduction. Can't wait to see/hear what your impressions are about it and how the installation goes with it.

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
          tnwagi want a pic of the inside of ur car

But it's all back in now

Yeah, I drove around like that for 2 weeks. It was freaking awesome

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

here is an idea...

the wire tuck i am doing on my engine bay.
            Well obviously all the a/c brackets and compressor and lines and condensor and the internal condensor, weighed alot... not sure the exzact weight, but alot.

not counting any of the brackets that were everywhere under the hood, that were removed, just every screw or nut that is no longer needed from under the hood, weighed in at
            37lbs

crazzy, i feel just with the wire tuck, i have saved around 200 lbs not counting the hood, i probly won't run with on verry often.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Yeah, the condensor and blower motor are a good chunk of weight.

Once I save up a little, I have a friend, with this h22 civic.....

He is going to help me out a smidge.

Comment

just for looks purposes we put a thin sheet of like 1lb metal back over the hollow doors..

i also realized that a lighter steering wheel wasn't on the list
                and headliner was twice.

i do not know the actual weight, but my oem ex alloy wheels and tires by the feel weigh a good 15lb lighter each ,than my 18" motegi's

lol no window tint or stickers could add to about 1lb.

don't repaint a stock car, especially if your going to heavily modify it,
                a gallon of primer is around 25 lbs
                a gaallon of clear is around 18 lbs
                a gallon of paint is around 15 lbs
                not counting any welding wire, metal babrication and filler, that could weigh in access to 50lbs on a all over vehicle.

you could run just low beam lights, a savings of a few ounces, but then you can remove the wiring and relays to the high beems that would weigh around 2 lbsgetting rid of abs brake systems lbs?

leaving the tie bar off on the upper side of the hood lbs?

leaving the uneeded lower cross tie bar in the rear lbs?

removing the grille and cutting away part of the bumper lbs?

sorry if i repeated something,, but i don't think i did.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but... the rear of that Civic is so light that it can stand on three wheels????

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                    Sorry if this is a dumb question...but... the rear of that Civic is so light that it can stand on three wheels????
                    No, it's due to the angles of the driveway.

There is a dip at the beginning of the driveway, which is where the closest wheel is hanging.

Comment

Yea, I see the dip in the driveway, but I've never seen a car stand on three wheels like that

Comment

Ridiculously stiff rear suspension helps it too.

Comment

Ridiculously stiff rear suspension helps it too.
                          Indeed. I bet he has the same problem as I do when he jacks his car up.

Go to jack up the front to do something and by the time the wheel is off the ground, the back wheel is up in the air too. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            Indeed. I bet he has the same problem as I do when he jacks his car up.

Go to jack up the front to do something and by the time the wheel is off the ground, the back wheel is up in the air too. Lol
                            that happen to me when i had coilovers
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

That basically does it to me now with a stock suspension...

How about removing the whole dash? If it's a track car then every ounce counts....

For Ex's lexan the sunroof... Carbon fiber front fenders.

And if your really serious, could you cut the entire trunk/rear end out and make one out of carbon fiber? just leave the frame their to stay the same.

Comment

You could do a complete cf shell, but the cost would be absolutely out of most everyone's price range here. Fiberglass and sheet metal around a tube frame would be cheaper, although that is still ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X