Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to remove and replace rear mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove and replace rear mount

Hi All

I am going to Fill my motor mounts. I know how to access the torque mount, but I do not know how to get to the rear mount. I need some help. If anyone could post a picture, tips and suggestions, or even the link to a DIY I really appreciate it. I've tried searching, but I can never figure out how to get what I'm looking for

Thanks in advance!

This is messed up yo! I don't really want to remove the intake.. It looks so intimidating

Comment

It can be done from below. You will need to disconnect the front torque mount and possibly the exhaust from the cat. The driver's side engine mount and tranny mount will "twist" enough that you can jack the back of the engine up allowing extra room to work. It's three bolts down into the subframe and one across through the rear engine mount arm.

You will still undo the bolts from the top, extensions and creative thinking will get you to them. You can remove the mountitself from the bottom after removing all the bolts and jacking up the rear of the block. If you're automatic don't forget to unplug the vacuum tube going to the rear mount.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

If you have an EX 5spd, good luck, I had the most difficult time trying to get my mount fixed. I ended up kinking the heater core outlet and inlets and lets just say that one motor mount replacement turned into me having to remove the entire dash, just to get the heater core fixed.

There literally isn't a way to get that big bulky mount out short of taking off the intake mani. which may seem like a headache, but its definitely a lot easier to remove 9 bolts than it is to take the entire dash out.

But the Automatics and the LX/DX 5spds are more forgiving. It is possible to remove those without having to get the IM off. Just like people above said, undo the front torque mount, stick a jack with a block of wood under the engine and jack up on it slightly to give more space to get it out.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Awesome! Yeah I own an automatic. I CAN refil the rear mount with poly, right?

Comment

Sure, you can fill anything with poly. If you're looking for more power to the ground quicker you will love the poly filled mounts. If you hate engine vibrations inside the cabin you will hate the poly filled mounts. They will transfer more vibrations to the interior.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Could I use an insert and poly-fill combo?

Like buy a new insert, and then lace some poly around the insert on both sides? My theory is I'll get the resistance of the new insert, and the stability of the poly...

Comment

I wouldn't fill them on an ouchomatic.. Redlights are going to shake your fillings out.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  I wouldn't fill them on an ouchomatic.. Redlights are going to shake your fillings out.

Oh? So just stick with the insert replacements?

Comment

i am about to do my mounts also, this is just motivating me to get my h22 swap done asap so i would never have to worry about my ex rear mount.

Comment

H22 doesn't need a rear mount or what? ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X