Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Parking Light/Brake Light Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Light/Brake Light Problem

There is a problem with my 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition. Whenever the brake pedal is pressed down, not only do the brake lights come on, but the driver's side parking lamp also comes on. I do have an LED strip connected to the parking lamp as well as halos connected to the tail light. I'm not sure if there may be a faulty connection or bad soldering, but i was just wondering if this could be the reason why. Also if anyone knows how to fix this. I'm also sorry if this is in the wrong category, it's repair, lighting, and wiring. I'll try and get a video of it.

Some where down the line you got a wire connecting your brake lights to your parking lamps, i had a problem similar in my honda passport it ended up being the wiring for my tow connector. go back threw your splices and make sure your keeping everything in the same circuit. start with the last thing you wired in when you noticed the problem

Comment

Hmmm, maybe that might be the problem. Tomorrow I'll check my wiring of the halos, because I don't think anything in the front will be connected to the brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenlo7253 View Post
        Hmmm, maybe that might be the problem. Tomorrow I'll check my wiring of the halos, because I don't think anything in the front will be connected to the brakes.
        Your parking lamps are considered the 4 lights 2 amber lightss in the front and your first filament of your brake light bulbs in the rear, if you cross fed your brake lights back to your parking lamp circuit every time you step on the brakes you would be feeding 12 volts to your parking lamp(s)

Comment

Well, I fixed the problem. But it wasn't anything wrong with the wiring! All of it was fine when i checked it, so I kept wondering what could be wrong, then i remembered that i had also switched the original bulbs to LED bulbs. I'm guessing that because i did this, and that LEDs take less power, the extra was sent back to the parking lamps, causing them to light up whenever i stepped on the brake.

Comment

Thats weird i have all my lights front and rear as l.e.d(except my headlights) and i haven't had the same problem

Comment

Working...
            X