No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So took her for a drive and even under heavy load it holds at 190. So going to keep this setup.

Originally posted by NSCB15 View Post
    You must've boughten like 10 sets of these now lol
    Ya, i got a box of 16AN parts and hoses now.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    man that looks really great. you took your time but dang it turned out nice! I like that the plumbing is out of the way so you can see the smoothed bay.

looks like you figured out a good option for that upper radiator hose, too. everything fits nicely and looks so fresh!

youll want a turbo blanket once eventually the housing starts getting surface rusty...
    Already planning on buying a turbo blanket from Mishimoto. It's actually in the cart already :P But going to wait... things to fix first. And someone else mentioned how the rad those takes it away from the heat / exhaust, which is cool.

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    Just letting you know I'm still peeking my head to follo what's going on. Keep up the inspiration.
    Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Excellent. Consistency is key!
    Thanks folks! Finishing the bay actually made me want to fix other parts of the car that are ...... "showing it's age". example: those dam rust spots on the pillars of the back side windows/doors.

Discovered this yesterday......... haha. The shroud in the light came off on one side. So glue came unstuck... (I don't even remember how i secured these in there). Shitty part is the light will have to come out and be taken apart to fix this. And to take the light out the bumper has to come off. And that means the intercooler taken apart...... haha. Oh my.... I can see her just staying apart for the whole winter now.

Bonus Pic :P

Comment

Very nicely done. On the bay and pumpkins. What did you use for your lower radiator hose? I am thinking of converting that to steel braided. But then I might have to get a new radiator that has the 16an on it. Or go get it welded on.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        Very nicely done. On the bay and pumpkins. What did you use for your lower radiator hose? I am thinking of converting that to steel braided. But then I might have to get a new radiator that has the 16an on it. Or go get it welded on.
        Ya Grumpy. These 16AN fittings and hose are the real deal. Welded a 16AN bung on to the lower and upper rad (cut the old ones off), and on to the thermostat and block fitting. Only way to do it is to have a shop weld the ends on to these items. Real hose with real ends... measure 3 times and cut once. As you see with the upper hose, that was try #5 i think. A lot of money on a useless mod, but looks is what i was after. PS - don't try the braided hose that pulls over your current hose, they suck.

Comment

Yaaaa. fixin' er.......

Oooof

Time to take apart. I use the heat gun. & it's never fun.

Fini...

Comment

Is that the Gatling gun shroud? I keep going back and forth on if I want to open mine back up and black house the reflectors or not. Looks good.
            I don’t think I’ll convert the upper hose, but I do like the lower hose and I would do it the real deal like you did. I just hate opening up the coolant system. It’s always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant, almost as much as I hate the smell of power steering fluid.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Is that the Gatling gun shroud? I keep going back and forth on if I want to open mine back up and black house the reflectors or not. Looks good.
              I don’t think I’ll convert the upper hose, but I do like the lower hose and I would do it the real deal like you did. I just hate opening up the coolant system. It’s always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant, almost as much as I hate the smell of power steering fluid.
              It is the gatling gun mini's. I tried the 2" ones and they are simply too large, too much cutting involved to make them fit. And if you are going to do the lower hose you may as well do the upper :P But if you do, go with the black ends like most modern folk are doing

Comment

I just hate opening up the coolant system. It’s always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant
                Haha, same. I've dealt with radiators enough times it's gotten to the point where I dread that smell more than just about any other in the world.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well guess we can do something over the winter Let's do the MTEC Industries shift spring kit.

We know the spring is easy access and is in this piece. This one is from the spare M2A4 I have.

Comparing the M2A4 (left) to the T2T4 (right) you can even see how the internals are different for the section where the spring is held. More re-enforcement / built into the casting.

Fini!! & yes, OMG there is a noticeable difference!

My ginger bread man.

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours.

Happy wrenching over the winter, Cheers ��
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

good to see you are still around and wrenching on this beautiful car. its been quite a while since ive been active daily. but i still have my coupe and never intend to get rid of it. nice work Raf.
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Such a great looking sedan!
                        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        My coupe!!!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words

And still giving the rad hose angle a lot of thought. 45deg, are too less of an angle and was thinking 60deg would work perfect, even if I could just get the end off the block at a better angle....

but looking at these pics... i don't think so. The hose I'm using now I hung over something with some weights to get it not to crimp. I guess you could use one end at 60deg. if you lengthened the hose... ahh. So now I'm debating on purchasing one 60deg hose angle to see if it will work. But it's a $100 risk.

Comment

I like the MTECH springs, but always wanted to know how they improved the shifting from someone on here before I purchased them. Thanks for posting about them and let us know what difference they make.
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              I like the MTECH springs, but always wanted to know how they improved the shifting from someone on here before I purchased them. Thanks for posting about them and let us know what difference they make.
                              Basically takes the "spring" of the shifter back to OEM. If you bend the springs in your hands it's very noticeable, but slightly less noticeable when handling the shifter. But definitely a difference!

And.. not that the shifter didn't spring back to Neutral in the past, so this is more of a $100 mod that is not really needed.

Comment

Something to consider with those 'photoshopped' images of the rad hose is that the fittings you pasted over the image aren't to scale. Enlarge them a bit to try to more accurately match the fittings you have installed and it looks like it'll bring the hose ends closer together, further limiting your available space and tightening the bend in the hose - is the hose that flexible?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X