Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Accusump Setup...A lot to consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I haven't ordered mine yet. I would think it's the same, though, or people would report leaking, if you have an old filter laying around to measure. There's also that threaded male piece that the filter screws onto that you'll need to figure out as well. Do a search for Honda oil filter sandwich plates and they should detail the specs.

*ED. - I feel your pain, and I'm remembering now why I decided to try other tricks for the oil system over getting an Accusump. I'm getting into this search process all over again trying to help you out, and looking at all these different fitting sizes and adapters is making me feel dumb.

This thread on an S2000 install was an interesting read:
    https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...nsors-1038799/

Found these parts... again, I'm feeling dumb after this, so a second opinion is strongly recommended:

Going off that guy's experience I looked into Mocal. Here's their sandwich adapter w/20mm thread for oil filter compatibility, featuring two 1/2" BSP ports:
    http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...ate-p-687.html

They also offer a thermostatic version of the same sandwich adapter:
    http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...ate-p-688.html

And then here's a 1/2" BSPP (the second P referring to parallel threads, as opposed to Tapered; I assume that's what the Mocal port is) male to 1/2" NPT female adapter for the Accusump plumbing:
    https://www.amazon.com/BRASS-ADAPTER.../dp/B015ROB2NW

Then of course you could get a 1/2" BSP plug if you don't need that other port, or an adaptor for a sensor or something.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-18-2019, 04:34 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I agree on the last posted sandwich adapter. The improved racing looks nice.
      Also I'm sure your tuning software can tell you your oil pressure at certain revs..
      dood. are you racing without a oil pressure gauge?

I reached under and took a close-up pic of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Sorry, I haven't ordered mine yet. I would think it's the same, though, or people would report leaking, if you have an old filter laying around to measure. There's also that threaded male piece that the filter screws onto that you'll need to figure out as well. Do a search for Honda oil filter sandwich plates and they should detail the specs.

This thread on an S2000 install was an interesting read:
        https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...nsors-1038799/

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...ate-p-687.html

And then here's a 1/2" BSPP (the second P referring to parallel threads, as opposed to Tapered; I assume that's what the Mocal port is) male to 1/2" NPT female adapter for the Accusump plumbing:
        https://www.amazon.com/BRASS-ADAPTER.../dp/B015ROB2NW

Then of course you could get a 1/2" BSP plug if you don't need that other port, or an adaptor for a sensor or something.
        That was definitely a good read, thanks! From an old link in that thread, it is clear that the proper Canton plate for the S2k is 2 5/8", meaning that this will work with my S2k filter usage as well. I am glad to knock that question out.

I like the Mocal sandwich plate, especially due to its price, and the fact that you can order the correct 20mm extension screw with it. I would just get one 1/2" BSP plug and the adapter to 1/2" NPT for the Accusump.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I agree on the last posted sandwich adapter. The improved racing looks nice.
        Also I'm sure your tuning software can tell you your oil pressure at certain revs..
        dood. are you racing without a oil pressure gauge?
        I did race without one, and that needs to stop for sure. It was a really dumb move that killed both rod bearings in Cylinder 2 on the F22. So, I will get a 1/8 NPT adapter for an oil pressure gauge and install it like you did, between the oil pressure sensor and the block. Now, in your case, the silver colored adapter in front of the brass adapter was for your turbo oil feed, or was it a BSP to NPT adapter?

Oh, and do you guys recommend teflon tape or paste? Canton says to use tape, but others on here in the past have recommended to use paste over the tape.
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Just a simple NTP adapter with tape. The oil gauge is some cheap crap i found on ebay. I assumed it's not 100% accurate as it will dip to 5 sometimes at idle and there's no adjustment for it. But all I need to know is that I have oil pressure

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Are you sure about this one? Pretty sure the solenoid only activates VTEC and has no "sensing" capability.
            I guess it "doesn't sense" if you want to be "technical" "but"
            certain "parameters" have to be "met".
            If you start your car when it is freezing cold & try to
            go to VTEC it won't hit. (unless you are crome chipped or hondata)
            The ecu needs to have the engine at operating temperature.
            Or if you are really low on oil it won't engage either.
            That's why when people have a dented oil pans they have VTEC
            engagement issues.
            Last edited by G. Wiffington; 11-27-2019, 02:42 PM.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X