Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a transmission

i have to buy a new transmission for my accord but i wanna buy an h22 tranny will one of these bolt right on no modification and are they more aggressively geared?

you didnt do any research at all did you?
    yes it will bolt right up. some modification may be necessary to mount it.

Comment

yep I'm researching right here cuz this is wut it's for and I wanted answer from fellow honda owners because the internet Is very vague...

Comment

Look on top ^ next to control panel, FAQ.. then click on search type in your question... and you'll get the search rsult for your answer.

Your question has been asking thousand if not million times before.
        But to answer your question... YES prelude transmission fits, yes more aggressive with shorter gears for better acceleration. To mount you simply retap the three untread mounting hole on top of the Prelude transmission and reuse your Accord tranny mount.

There is a write-up of DIY with pictures showing you how and where to drill and tap.
        Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by T-Netix View Post
          yep I'm researching right here cuz this is wut it's for and I wanted answer from fellow honda owners because the internet Is very vague...
          asking to be spoon fed is not research. kids today are too fucking lazy.
          you are asking a yes or no question. how the hell can the answer you come up with be vague? either it fits or it doesnt. out of the thousands of members on this forum that have posted over the past 8 years, do you really think you have a unique idea here? spend a few minutes looking around and you will find the answer to your question. in detail. when you find something specific about the procedure that you could use some help with, ask, and you will get help. but when you pretty much say 'im a lazy fucktard that wants people to do my thinking for me', well this is the kind of reply you are going to get.

Comment

yo dani filth i know you like cradle of filth but it doesnt have to show in your disposition dont be rude. i found out how to search for answer later today your very mean to people on here and were suppose to be bros, your reply to this will be mean im sure but chill man its not that serious man. relax tit head!

Comment

yea should have searched the forum dude, actually i started a thread on this very same question, as well as an H2B set-up... tons of info there which = YES

im getting mine next week >=]
              Originally posted by scudweiser
              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

If you go to the aluminum valley and recite seventy-three songings in a clockwise motion three times, you will uncover the key to eternal power.

Is the internet vague like that?

To answer your first question, most H22 transmissions will require minor mods to bolt up to a F22Ax. To answer your second question, a H22 final drive is numerically higher than that of an F22Ax trans, so it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.

Yes it will make you go quicker, not "faster".

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  HAHAH so making that a new Sig lmao

to piggy back on that a tranny only helps the engine transfer power to the wheels not to make more power.
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

thanks man I understand that part but I need to know wut modification will I have to do I did research and got alot of info but if you don't wanna help can someone at least direct to the thread that will I gotta get it today 91 si prelude tranny

Comment

thanks man I understand that part but I need to know wut modification will I have to do I did research and got alot of info but if you don't wanna help can someone at least direct to the thread that will I gotta get it today 91 si prelude tranny
                      91 tranny won't fit your car. 92 and up is what you're looking for. And since you were asking about H22, it'll be 93 and up. All the info you need is in the stickys in the swaps section

Comment

it seriously took you guys longer to bash then give the guy a simple link... :-\
                        I understand you want people to search, but this is simple and easily explained. its not adding turbo its a simple thread link...

keep the f22 tranny mount, just need to retap the tranny for a different mount position.
                        if you are not familiar with tapping, then hopefully you can get the tranny to a machine shop or have someone do it for you.

here ya go bud...
                        Thread to Tranny DIY thread tapping

the gears are shorter, of coursing ramping up your rpms at higher speeds, lowering gas mpg, also something to consider.
                        ^this is the h22 tranny.

91 si is not a h22, do you have a code for the tranny your looking at? located on the tranny around here:
                        Last edited by drummersteve7; 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                          91 tranny won't fit your car. 92 and up is what you're looking for. And since you were asking about H22, it'll be 93 and up. All the info you need is in the stickys in the swaps section
                          you're up early bro lol.

OP: if you do get the tranny i would suggest you get the TCU with it at least, if you can the ECU too as it will give you better management.

Comment

i answered the question in the first reply. if he wanted more details he could have asked. my answer was less vague than the question. of course all that got me was insults thrown my way, and a demand to be spoon fed. im the jerk though. thanks.

i guess thats a good thing though seeing as he was under the impression that a b21 and an h22 were the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post

the gears are shorter, of coursing ramping up your rpms at higher speeds, lowering gas mpg, also something to consider.
                              ^this is the h22 tranny.
                              it would make a HUGE dramatic change, unless of course you drive like a maniac with the gas pedal welded onto the floor, like a prius "run-away" driver

Comment

Working...
                              X