+1 for the exercise of the 2nd Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for the exercise of the 2nd Amendment

So, funny story. I was just at Walmart purchasing a new toothbrush. I was checking out when me and another patron of this fine establishment had the following dialogue:

*me laughing at Picard (my brother)*

Other gentleman: "Something funny *****?!"

Me: *confused* O_o

Other gentleman: "What *****?! What's funny?!"

At this point I become perturbed and kindly ask the man what the hell his problem is. As we are walking out, we continue such dialogue. Then as we reach the door his friend looks down at my hip and notices I am open carrying a pistol.

His friend: "Come on man, forget this *****."

Other gentleman: "***** I ain't scared to die!" as he walks away.

To this moment I am not sure why he was so angry.
    _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Was he bald? I had a similar experience at the Trussville Wal Mart. Except I wasnt open carrying and he was a tad more violent, call it little man syndrom but I wasnt too afraid with 5 of my friends with me.
    -Will

Comment

Nah, he had hair, and about 2" taller than me (I am 5'7"). His friend was bigger, but didn't seem too in to fighting, about the same as my brother. This guy was all but swinging when his friend noticed I was carrying.

Comment

some people are just angry.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What would you have done had he started actively fighting you?
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

^^^^^^^^^ Pistol whip him

Yeah but hat guy must have been in a bad mood or something. But that's a good question what would have you done if he started something? Please don't say pull out your gun an scare him.
            Sold to:
            GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
            Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post

....is what he would've done.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post

The thought that someone out there dislikes me enough to inflict physical harm.. sad.

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

hate to say it, but thats what i hate about your country...

why do you need to have a pistol on you while your shopping at walmart??? is it some sort of a status symbol??? make your dick bigger?? are you ever planning on using it to kill someone??

let the cops do their work, if he attacks you and he swings first, its self defence, sue the fucker...

i find it completely stupid to need to have a pistol on you 24/7

but thats just my views.
                  ..[CB7][STAR]..
                  MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                    At the point when he was threatening to fight me, this was running through my head. Though, after he got in my face and started that BS chest bump thing some people do before a fight, I considered this as an act of aggression, but not warranting return action, but rather a higher level of awareness. I tried to think what I would do if certain things happened from this point. On one hand, I would never want to fire my weapon inside a public building like Walmart that always has so many people, but on the other hand, I felt a duty to protect my brother above that. However, my father was the hand to hand combat instructor for the Marine Police of north Alabama and taught me how to defend myself, as well as taking MMA classes for a while. This in junction with being a rowdy teenager who has been in several "fist fights", I am comfortable defending myself in such a manner. My concern then was to protect my firearm if such a situation presented itself. This concern was alleviated when I noticed his friend trying to defuse the situation, and at least get us outside. At this point he noticed the pistol on my hip and no further action was required, and my only thought was to get out of there before anything had an opportunity to start up again. At which point my brother and I left the premises.

In retrospect it's difficult to say exactly what I would have done. There are so many variables:

"Did he have a weapon?"
                    "Is his friend going to assist him in an altercation?"
                    "What danger does the situation impose on my brother?"
                    "Are other people in danger by the altercation?"
                    etc.

There is certainly no blanket response I would have used.

Comment

If it came to the gun, couldn't you just hover your handle over it like the cops do? If he hadn't noticed it before that, he sure would've then.
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post

why do you need to have a pistol on you while your shopping at walmart??? is it some sort of a status symbol??? make your dick bigger?? are you ever planning on using it to kill someone??

let the cops do their work, if he attacks you and he swings first, its self defence, sue the fucker...

but thats just my views.
                        Because bad things happen to good people?

hate to say it, but that's one thing I absolutely hate about Canada. Civilians here have no power to protect themselves from grievous bodily harm or death. Citizens can not even carry pepper spray or tasers.

A man in Ontario saw a guy outside his house with a Molotov cocktail lit and ready to throw it into this house. He went outside and fired warning shots. He didn't even shoot the guy and yet he's on trial right now for a list of offenses. Who knows what happened to the real criminal.

Why do you need a pistol? Self preservation. The likelihood of anyone ever using their firearm in self defense is statistically low but it does happen. In fact, I'll bet I can find 3 or 4 cases already in 2012.

As for your other questions, in a way open carrying is a status symbol. However it's the status of every law abiding citizen in the US. Carrying a firearm is exercising one's right. There are millions of people who carry weapons every day and you only hear of the extreme cases where there's a school shooting that puts firearms in a negative spotlight. CNN and other major media rarely ever covers people who defended their lives from home invasion or other self defense stories.

Make your dick bigger? I'm all about having a serious talk about this issue but don't be a douchebag.

And "are you ever planning on using it to kill someone? YES. You'll notice I strongly advised him to seek training before carrying. For anyone who is not safety conscious, carrying can be a liability. Your name is attached to ever round fired. However, if you're in a severe life and death situation, you better not hesitate to fire at that person who is attacking you. Not only fire, but fire until he's no longer a threat.

It doesn't matter how well the police do their jobs or how safe of an area you live in. Shit happens. One of my favorite sayings is "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away."
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post

but thats just my views.
                          Your view of the situation is horridly misguided. However, I will answer your questions in the order that you asked.
                          1. I carry it at all times both as a deterrent (many studies have show that if someone knows you are armed they are less likely to commit crime), and as a method of defending myself if the situation warrants it.
                          2. It is not any type of status symbol. The only reason I carry is for defense, of both myself and my family.
                          3. As to my knowledge it has no penis enlarging qualities.
                          4. If the situation warrants it, I would have no problem with using it. If that meant that the person who was attacking me, or my family, died as a result I see no reason for this to be a problem.

As for, "let the cops do their work, if he attacks you and he swings first, its self defence, sue the f****r..." this idea works fine if you make several assumptions:

1. The person attacking you has a legitimate source of sufficient income.
                          2. The judge, or jury, will be able to discern the situation.
                          3. You, or your family, are in no threat of being mortally wounded from the altercation.
                          4. You have the means to hire a lawyer initially.
                          5. You can locate, and identify, your attacker after the incident.

You say you see no reason to carry a pistol 24/7, I say watch the news more often. The pastor of my church got mugged, and badly beaten, while he was going to the doctor in Birmingham. There was no action he could take after the fact, except hope the police got lucky and caught them. If he would have been armed he could have prevented the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                            If it came to the gun, couldn't you just hover your handle over it like the cops do? If he hadn't noticed it before that, he sure would've then.
                            I will never make any motion towards my firearm unless I fully intend on using it. At the time I was still trying to prevent from using it. That could be taken as a threat of deadly force, as he was not threatening me with deadly force, it would have been unwarranted. He then would have been able to invoke self-defense by meeting my threat of deadly force. At least from my meager understanding of the law, this is a possible scenario. In any case, I would rather defuse a situation verbally, or hand to hand, instead of having to even glance at my pistol.

Comment

Just curious, what word are your stars indicating? Is it bitch?
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X