Craigslist find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist find

Looks to be pretty clean, figured I would post it out there in see anyone is looking for one.

1991 HONDA ACCORD SE $2450
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...735868429.html

That is a gorgeous car. I would love to drive that thing around. However, I feel like I must point out that I can see two spots on that car that clearly have rust, despite their claim that it doesn't have any. The driver's side rear quarter where everyone has it, and the rearmost portion behind the side skirt, also on the driver's side. It doesn't keep me from liking it, though.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Nice! Pick it up for $2500 and double your money when you go to sell.

Comment

I'm amazed that it only has a little rust, honestly! The seats look good, too. The driver's seat is a little beat (and I bet there's a tear just out of frame...) but still, that's a nice one. The 91 SE is among my favorite CBs ever. The automatic and the autobelts are the only things I don't like about it!

I wonder how low the price could be negotiated. I bet a strong negotiator could walk away with that car for $2000 easily.

Comment

I can see rust on the rocker panel and quarter panel, but honestly that car looks better than most of the cars here down south. That interior is amazing too. I'd pay two for it, but I'd need some under chassis pics. Good find man.

Comment

It's decently clean for a car that isn't in the South, but I see a solid $2,000 to $3,000 worth of rust repair in there (done properly) and a respray. It needs both quarters replaced (or properly repaired with metal), a new trunk lid and bodywork on the driver's door. It's really straight though.

Up here it would make for a decent daily beater or an excellent project car.

Comment

If I wouldn't have just bought one, I'd definitely try and snag this one.

Comment

GraniteCB7 found his 91 SE in a garage of all places here in NH, lower miles at 80k and he paid around the same amount this guy is asking for.

His is absolutely clean.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I quoted my last accord for repair on the quarters and was told around $600 a side for new metal and paint. If I didn't have so many projects and a house to pay for I would have snagged it up since I still have a lot of my old parts from my wagon.

If anyone does want me to go look at it I wouldn't mind to do that as long as you are serious about buying it and not wanting to waste anyone's time. Just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                    I quoted my last accord for repair on the quarters and was told around $600 a side for new metal and paint. If I didn't have so many projects and a house to pay for I would have snagged it up since I still have a lot of my old parts from my wagon.

If anyone does want me to go look at it I wouldn't mind to do that as long as you are serious about buying it and not wanting to waste anyone's time. Just let me know.
                    Was that cutting and welding out the rust or putting new quarters on and repairing the inner wheel houses?

If it's putting new patch panels in, repairing the wheel houses and paint, that's quite the deal.

I paid almost $3,000 back in 2005 to have my quarters repaired. The problem with these cars is by the time you see rust on the outer quarter panel, the inner wheel house is damaged too.

Comment

That was to cut and glue a new quarter on. I didn't ask about anything else, but I'm sure it would have been a few hundred more.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I'm amazed that it only has a little rust, honestly! The seats look good, too. The driver's seat is a little beat (and I bet there's a tear just out of frame...) but still, that's a nice one. The 91 SE is among my favorite CBs ever. The automatic and the autobelts are the only things I don't like about it!

I wonder how low the price could be negotiated. I bet a strong negotiator could walk away with that car for $2000 easily.
                        Could be good for someone to get back into the CB7 game, ... ahem ahem ahem
                        Rides:

Accord
                        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Someday, maybe. My car wishlist is a mile long... and currently topped by Swedish and British cars!

Comment

Swedish and British? Saabs and Minis? My uncle has a Sunbeam Tiger with a 289 Cobra & 4-speed. That thing rocks left to right just at idle. Such a monster. I hope to jeebus he wills it out to me. Also a late 60's GTO with a 400 ci built for spray. I need to rebuild an old two speed auto for that thing to get it going again. That, and a butt load of body work.

I'll post up some pictures soon. Maybe some video.

Comment

Volvo and TVR.
                              The Sunbeam Tiger is badass, though. I keep forgetting about those!

I want a 240 with a v8 swap (wife's first car was a 240, so she's into them... I love the style, and a v8 240 is badass.
                              TVR Chimaera will be legal in 2018. I could import one for roughly $15,000 total, especially since the British pound is tanking thanks to brexit. For example, this one here will be legal to import in 2020. That's about $14,300 at the current conversion rate. Plus $2500 or so to import it. And that's for a 5.0L version. The lesser models are cheaper.

Wouldn't mind a Jag either. But those are major projects.
                              Also, Volvo P1800... but they're getting expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X