No announcement yet.

Jarrett : 1993 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a feeling you didn't like those black wheels.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Paper weights? They would probably work better as an end table.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
        I had a feeling you didn't like those black wheels.
        Yeah, I'm more of a 6-spoke person. And I like my wheels to be a lot lighter, too.

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
        I see ep3 seats
        And they're awesome! I bought them for $140 and they're easily an 8.5/10. Unfortunately, they're not for me. They're for a friend's CD7. They were available down here in Houston so I snagged them for him. They have, however, convinced me to ditch my '03-'07 Accord black leather powered and heated seats for a set of OEM Recaros. I'm trying to find a deal on a set of front and rear CL1 seats. No one uses my backseats so using sedan front seats won't be an issue. I'll pull the upholstery off of the rear bench and have an upholstery shop make a cover for the coupe rear bench with new Alcantara and whatever they can salvage.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Paper weights? They would probably work better as an end table.
        They would anchor a boat pretty decently. But seriously, they're not offensive like a set of Focal F10s so I should be able to get a couple hundred for them with tires on Craigslist. If you look at some of the pictures you can see a chrome spot over one of the lug stud holes on each wheel. Any idea what that indicates, or is it just some weird cosmetic touch?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wow, you not only passed through NWaccords town but mine aswell! Nice find though!

Comment

sweet! nice pick up. how many miles on her?

Comment

Originally posted by sepulveda87 View Post
              sweet! nice pick up. how many miles on her?
              Somewhere around 257K. A lot, but just a number at this point in its life. It's been taken care of well and has lived in a climate that treated it well.

I did get to make a little progress this past weekend and this week. Last weekend was a painting weekend. I'm painting suspension parts in preparation for reinstallation on the car. I want every part that's going back on the car's suspension to either be a new aftermarket part or a repainted OEM part. As I'm typing this, I'm being made aware of the things that I forgot to paint, so that's fun. Anyway, this is just picture vomit. The good stuff is still waiting.

I painted these knuckles previously when they had the dust shields on. I didn't have the right fixtures to hold the knuckle in place for my press so I hadn't pressed the bearings and hub out yet to remove it. Now I'm just priming and painting what I missed. All in all each part is getting about 4 coats of paint, a coat of "ceramic" header semi-gloss clear and then 5 coats of VHT high-temp ultra gloss clear. I expect some imperfections with road usage, but not many.

During the week when I'm in Houston I have to work on things that can be done inside the apartment. I finally pulled out all of my retrofit parts from TRS and got to work. I've had these JDM headlights for a while now and just haven't put them on. There's a trend here. I have Morimoto Mini D2S projectors and 35W ballasts for the CB headlights, an H3C HID setup for the fog lights, splitters and various wiring harness accessories and then FX-R 3.0 projectors and HIDs for the 3.2CL. It will be a busy week. So far I've been working on correcting an issue that I've had with the D2S in the OEM JDM headlight bucket.

Morimoto Mini D2S 2.5" projector installed in a JDM headlight low beam bucket. Notice the angle that it wants to sit at. There is some angle naturally designed into the projector lens, but not this much. That's what I seek to correct with clearancing. I know that you can adjust the bucket, but I want full range of motion without having to over compensate. It's an easy fix.

You can see how it wants to sit in the bulb socket hole. This can be forced with the alignment ring, but it stresses the projector quite a bit.

Marking my hole locations with a Sharpie

Pilot holes drilled

I want those feet to be able to sit in here without hitting the bucket.

That's better.

I'm working on the other side tonight along with clearancing the headlight shrouds that go over both buckets. That needs to clear the projector shroud when set back into place. Something I could use some help on is how far down to install the buckets when I'm reinstalling them. That determines how much I need to clearance the headlight shroud. Did anyone go down all the way?
              Last edited by Jarrett; 07-28-2017, 11:44 AM.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks like you're getting done work done!
                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I'm having the same hang up as you,I can't get the projector shroud to fit without interfering with the headlight shroud. I really don't want to cut the headlight shroud but that may be the only way to do it.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                  Wimp go low or go home haha
                  Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                  Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Oh I think there's any way to avoid doing it. But depending on the depth you want to install the buckets at could mean a little or a lot. I guess I ended up electing the "a lot" option. I threaded the adjusting bolts in so that they were matched how far the bolts for the high beam buckets were protruding. I'm going to wrap the housings in aluminum tape, JB weld the shroud into place and finish assembly this weekend.

Comment

Loving the progress on the modifications on the new coupe. Keep it going!

Comment

nice i love the white Cbs...my first love
                        if i may ask, why did u put salt in your water to dye the carpet? im very interested in doing this to my own cb and your result looks very good to me!

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201008

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          Oh I think there's any way to avoid doing it. But depending on the depth you want to install the buckets at could mean a little or a lot. I guess I ended up electing the "a lot" option. I threaded the adjusting bolts in so that they were matched how far the bolts for the high beam buckets were protruding. I'm going to wrap the housings in aluminum tape, JB weld the shroud into place and finish assembly this weekend.
                          I may just cut the shrouds in half since there's very little room on the top and bottom, then I should be able to set them back enough to not interfere. I need to get on that and the adapters for the high beam bulb so I can finally install these lights I've had for like 2 year lol

Post some pics when you get them finished or just send me some pics, would like to see how you did yours

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7_Qc View Post
                            nice i love the white Cbs...my first love
                            if i may ask, why did u put salt in your water to dye the carpet? im very interested in doing this to my own cb and your result looks very good to me!
                            The salt helps water reach a boiling point much quicker than usual. I could have worded it that a little better in the description of what I had done and will likely go back and detail the process better at a later point.

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                            I may just cut the shrouds in half since there's very little room on the top and bottom, then I should be able to set them back enough to not interfere. I need to get on that and the adapters for the high beam bulb so I can finally install these lights I've had for like 2 year lol

Post some pics when you get them finished or just send me some pics, would like to see how you did yours
                            I'll get some pictures up. As it happened I did zero work on my projectors this weekend. I have all week for that, though.

This weekend was spent power washing the engine bay, cutting the rear lower shock mounts out for urethane bushings and organizing the garage. Also, I think I've decided that the coupe this car replaced is going to be scrapped. It holds sentimental value to me because I went on a journey for that one, too, but it just isn't fulfilling a practical purpose for me right now. It's taking up valuable garage space that is keeping me from getting more tools and work benches. If that's the case, I have three to four cars that need to find new home when I go on vacation. I want to get down to two cars.

Comment

I look forward to seeing some progress, dang you've got a used car lot going on there. I myself am seeing that it's quite impractical to have multiple builds going on at this point, so I'll be down sizing as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X