Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crazy rpm needle and acceleration problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcalap View Post
    I think that I have found the problem. If everything is good (distributor, coil, wire ground etc.. but the Tach is crazy and the engine misfire, maybe the 15 years old ECU is dying. When I smash on the ECU, the problems goes away for 1 to 2 min, if it happen again, I smash and it works again. Otherwise, I can barely move the car.

I will go the the JY this morning to find a immaculate ECU that still work.

Edit: It does work. So the ECU is not the problems. There is definitly something to do with engine bay temperature because today is a cold day. If I keep driving, the problem disapear. If I stop the engine or I stop at a redlight, the problem will come back.
    I am no expert, but im pretty sure the ECU isnt the cause, and smashing it isnt going to help either. Why would you go get salt proofed in July? Anything else that you did that we dont know about?

Usually when you buy a a new dizzy it does not come with the ignitor. Ask the mech if you got another ignitor witht he dizzy or if he used the current one you have. While your at the JY pick upa bunch of ignitors.

When did this problem start happeneing? Anything else you did other then the saltproofing?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The distributor was changed 3 months ago. At the garage, they borrowed me another brand new distributor. It comes with everything (cap,rotor,igniter,sensor etc.. just plug and drive). I also tried another coil and changed all spark plug wires.
      I tested another ECU. 5 months ago, I did a big maintenance;air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plug and wires, tranny fluid, brake fluid, EGR PORT CLEANING,IACV cleaning, Fast idle thermo valve check. The distributor (a 17 years old one from a 91 accord) died 1 month after the maintenance.

This afternoon, I will bring the car to another place.
      Accord EX (Can) 1993 296 000km

Winter 2008

Comment

Have you checked your main relay? It seems like the dizzy, plugs, and wires are not the problem. and the main relay would explain why you only have problems on hot days.

Comment

FIXED!!!!!

A ground wire terminal for the ECU was corroded. This wire is 6 inch below the air intake pipe. With an oscilloscope, we can see that signals to the ecu was very noisy.

Thanks for your help.

Winter 2008

Comment

hey i have this problem also,
            but my ignition swtch stopped working,i have to connect to wires to turn on the car,but ever since that day my rpm goes crazy like making it misfire also/
            my car is a automatic,
            idk if its cause of the ignition switch is making it go like that or because there is something else wrong with it??
            where u say the wire was below the intake?
            IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

Originally posted by Marcalap View Post
              FIXED!!!!!

A ground wire terminal for the ECU was corroded. This wire is 6 inch below the air intake pipe. With an oscilloscope, we can see that signals to the ecu was very noisy.

Thanks for your help.
              where is this again?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by xafbx View Post
                hey i have this problem also,
                but my ignition swtch stopped working,i have to connect to wires to turn on the car,but ever since that day my rpm goes crazy like making it misfire also/
                my car is a automatic,
                idk if its cause of the ignition switch is making it go like that or because there is something else wrong with it??
                where u say the wire was below the intake?
                The tach is driven by a 0 to 0.3V sinusoidal signal. A bad ground could produce signal noise bigger than that. When the tach shows high rpm, the ECU will advance the timing making the engine miss. In your case, if your problem started after the ignition switch broke, it could be related. A wire could be damaged but I don't know how it could corrupt the signal of the tach. ECU ground, Distributor ground etc.. definitly could produce the crazy needle. Check all the ignition switch wire to be sure there is no one missing or something. It could be just a coicidence.
                It took only 1 hour for a good professionnal (many did not had a clue) to diagnose and find the bad ground on my car. But it can be much longer because electrical problems are hard to diagnose and have little profiability for commercial garage (only some wires and bolts to change).

In horrible environnement for cars like in my region, corrosion is a big issue. If your environment is dry and your car engine bay is not too corroded, the cause of your problems should not be the same as me. It doesn't seem to be very common anyway.

There is a ground terminal somewhere under the air intake pipe (the pipe must be removed to access this region easely). I am not really sure how to tell where the terminal is located (every things under my hood is black). I will try to find a good underhood picture.
                Last edited by Marcalap; 07-10-2008, 06:21 PM.

Winter 2008

Comment

Working...
                X