No announcement yet.

Suspension upgrading time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record I believe a company called Sankie makes the OEM Honda stuff for the suspension of our cars.

Also OEM Honda wheel bearings are made by NTN.

That bit of info can save someone a little money if they are wanting quality OEM suspension/steering parts.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Also you should ask your neighbours how the winter there on the island is. I know some areas get hit hard so do make the right choice height wise if you are going to lower it. Nothing worse than lowering it and not being able to drive it during the winter. Best of luck man!

Comment

Ask my neighbors? Lol I've lived on the island for 20 years... Winter is hit or miss here, sometimes we get snow once and it lasts a week with the melting phase and other years it's rain and wind.

I don't really need the drop, I was looking at the H & R Oem replacement springs cause the drop isn't important to me at all.

I may just do something like that and get new tires, go from 205/45 to 205/55 and they are 16s.

Waiting til the first to order some stuff from rock auto to start the front suspension overhaul.
        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
        1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

finally getting around to doing all my planned upgrades.

koni STR.t's
          neuspeed sports
          SPC front ball joint camber kit
          poly bushings
          moog front lower Ball joints
          moog inner and outer tie rods

started tonight with the rear springs/struts and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't get them off but I had a brain wave and remembered I installed my Progress Rear sway bar already last month...felt like an idiot.

Had to stop due to my sons room being above the garage.

will truck on tomorrow.

might actually have to make a MRT

Comment

You won't be disappointed with the Neuspeed sports, ran those on my car before getting coilovers. Nice comfy ride but just a tad bit stiffer than stock. Good luck with the overhaul!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Alright got the rear struts put together awaiting install, I can't get the Damn lower strut bolt in for the life of me. The strut needs to move up and in towards the middle of the car and I can't get it to move up.

I've searched and seen people say they didn't use anything to using screwdrivers, I'm using a 1lb 1.5ft pry bar and it doesn't move upwards. I've tried jacking the strut up but it just lifts the car, if the Damn hole was like 1 or 2 mm higher it would thread the Damn bolt.

I'm at a loss right now.

Anyone with fresh ideas chime in I'm losing it right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                Alright got the rear struts put together awaiting install, I can't get the Damn lower strut bolt in for the life of me. The strut needs to move up and in towards the middle of the car and I can't get it to move up.

I've searched and seen people say they didn't use anything to using screwdrivers, I'm using a 1lb 1.5ft pry bar and it doesn't move upwards. I've tried jacking the strut up but it just lifts the car, if the Damn hole was like 1 or 2 mm higher it would thread the Damn bolt.

I'm at a loss right now.

Anyone with fresh ideas chime in I'm losing it right now!
                If the hole is that close use a long skinny screwdriver too start centering the bolt hole , move up in size of the screwdriver as you make room , you may still need too use the pry bar with the other had too hold the strut in place.
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  If the hole is that close use a long skinny screwdriver too start centering the bolt hole , move up in size of the screwdriver as you make room , you may still need too use the pry bar with the other had too hold the strut in place.
                  I finally got it, thanks for the tip but I put the pry bar under the strut and wrenched up and it moved up enough to impact it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                    I finally got it, thanks for the tip but I put the pry bar under the strut and wrenched up and it moved up enough to impact it in.
                    right on, sometimes you just gotta step away and say WTF
                    CB7TUNER.com
                    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                      right on, sometimes you just gotta step away and say WTF
                      Ya took a few minutes break and she went into place, made the other side a piece of cake.

Comment

Nice to see your doing things right the first time ! I'm planning on doing a suspension overhaul as well but after winter since it snows a lot or doesn't snow at all. I'm planning on going with f&f type 1 with st sway bars, new upper control arms with spc or ingalls ball joint kit, and eibach rear camber kit. What part of the island do you live on ? I was selling brand new h&r sport springs with kyb agx's on cl about 2 weeks ago, think it would of been a similar set up to what you got now.
                        Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Originally posted by rkcb7 View Post
                          Nice to see your doing things right the first time ! I'm planning on doing a suspension overhaul as well but after winter since it snows a lot or doesn't snow at all. I'm planning on going with f&f type 1 with st sway bars, new upper control arms with spc or ingalls ball joint kit, and eibach rear camber kit. What part of the island do you live on ? I was selling brand new h&r sport springs with kyb agx's on cl about 2 weeks ago, think it would of been a similar set up to what you got now.
                          I'm in Campbell River. It doesn't usually snow a lot here mostly rain. I thought about F&F type 1s But I found a great deal on the springs so I went that way.

Comment

found this today as I resumed working on it today, driver side front spring

thought that was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                            X