No announcement yet.

CB brochures and other print media...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting until I have all my fiche together and just driving down there (I'm very much an in-person contact type, and don't like using the phone ). The RSX's came yesterday, but the Accord's for some reason reached Denver and then was sent back to California before ending up in Denver a second time. It left Denver today, so I could have it anywhere from tomorrow to Monday. So, quote or scan on Tuesday at the latest?

These things are smaller than I was expecting, though. I figured they'd be the size of a normal sheet of paper, but they're closer to postcard size. Micro indeed.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Same here! I like to talk to people face to face.

Sounds good.

I do have a company lined up, ready, and willing to do it mid/late next week. Won't break the bank, but it isn't cheap either.
      Also waiting on a few more quotes, but seems like most of these businesses/companies don't give a sh*t about individuals...

Really wish I could find someone locally though.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If you Google Mountain States Imaging, they've got some promising reviews.

Reviewer: "These guys typically scan corporate and government documents, but they did an excellent job archiving my grandparents' love letters and WWII stories."

MSI: "We stare at corporate records all day everyday day. When you brought in your WWII letters, MSI got to enjoy a piece of history, while archiving them digitally for you. We hope you enjoy them and look forward to any future work we do together."

*ED. - tracking updated to show delivery today. Monday will be scan day.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-08-2017, 12:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That guy must have had a TON of WWII letters, because MSI couldn't help me. My four fiche are too small a batch to interrupt their process. Their bottom-end jobs are $500, and that's what the guy said I'd be charged if they squeezed me in. He did take my email, though, because he said he knew of a certain Denver library that should be able to help me out, he'll let me know when he finds it.

*ED. - I got that lead, I'll see about heading down there again tomorrow morning.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-10-2017, 04:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

As it stands right now, I am getting ready to process the following fiche.

90-92 4-door (6 sheets)
              90-93 4-door (4 sheets)
              90-93 2-door (3 sheets)
              90-93 4-door (4 sheets)
              91-93 wagon (2 sheets)
              91 wagon (3 sheets)
              91-92 wagon (2 sheets)
              90-92 coupe (3 sheets)
              90-92 2-door (5 sheets)
              CB3-CB7 (3 sheets)
              CB8 aero deck (2 sheets)
              Gaskets, manuals, P.O.P. Materials (1 sheet)

There are a few others that I will be getting processed (non-CB7 related).

And I'll pass this offer along to everyone else, if you have a piece of micro film and you want to get it scanned, PM or reply to me before 1PM tomorrow (July 12th, 1:00PM MST).

Comment

Got them all organized, labeled, counted and re-counted. They'll be sent off tomorrow.

I really hope there is some useful material on these for the CB7 community.

Comment

I'm under the impression that they're the same diagrams you get from sites like Majestic, with part orientation and factory part numbers:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Some are, some aren't. I know a few of the Mazda and Toyota ones I have are different and show more blueprint type images than exploded views with part #s.
                    Nonetheless, I'm just excited to get these scanned.

Comment

Sometime next week I'll have all the fiche back in hand and get them hosted and posted ASAP for everyone to see.

Comment

Yeeaaahhhh... I sorta set mine down, got caught back up in my engine, and forgot about them. And now another super-expensive rare part for the RSX that I absolutely must have just popped up for sale. . Denver's so close, but those tight one way streets and not-free parking required to get to the place are so far away.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Tight one way streets, no free parking, sounds exactly like downtown Boise...

Honestly though, I've had these fiche for years and I told myself I just need to get them scanned asap.

Comment

Big cities overwhelm me . You've got to know exactly where you're going and be quick (i.e. be a jerk in traffic) to get there the first time around the block.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Got them all back. Debating going through and organizing/linking them or just leaving them as is. There are THOUSANDS of pages.

EDIT: I think I will go through and take my time and add the links to pages for easy searching/referencing.
                              For instance, this is just one PDF. This particular set for the coupe is actually three sheets, so there are two more PDFs to go with this.
                              Last edited by Jon; 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

91-92 wagon parts catalog added. This is from the microfiche scannings.

Comment

Working...
                                X