95 Integra Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 Integra Questions...

Ok I'm helping out my sister-in-law. She has a 95 Integra and she keeps talking about some sort of security card thing that you need to start the vehicle. She has no idea what it's called, can't produce a picture, or anything. I'm clueless at this point since she's described it a dozen times, each time a little different.

Anyone have a remote idea what the hell she's talking about?
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

No such security card exists. I have an integra. Not sure what she is talking about.
    ODBWeldingWerks
    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Originally posted by 91b20ed View Post
      No such security card exists. I have an integra. Not sure what she is talking about.
      I thought so, but I was giving her the benefit of the doubt and thought I'd ask a few people.

She may be thinking about a valet key or something instead...

Comment

Just by the vague description....I would guess an immobilizer....my buddies cavalier has a little chip like thing underneath his steering column....he usually leaves it in as if he looses the chip the car is useless....but there is the option to take it out.

Im unsure if his was factory or aftermarket....but Im sure you can buy them aftermarket....so Id guess a previous owner put one in to protect one of the most stolen cars ever.

Unless she bought it new....then I dunno.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Sounds aftermarket
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
            Just by the vague description....I would guess an immobilizer....my buddies cavalier has a little chip like thing underneath his steering column....he usually leaves it in as if he looses the chip the car is useless....but there is the option to take it out.

Im unsure if his was factory or aftermarket....but Im sure you can buy them aftermarket....so Id guess a previous owner put one in to protect one of the most stolen cars ever.

Unless she bought it new....then I dunno.
            I asked her if it was an immobilizer but she said no. "It's a card thing that you need to insert to start the vehicle...".
            Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Sounds aftermarket
            It does but she said it's factory. I've never heard of anything like this that came as a factory option. I started to think maybe I was loosing it or something. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue to what the hell she's talking about.

And it's a used car, been passed around from person to person so I don't know what all it's had done to it.

I'll probably be running over to their place sometime this week, so maybe I can see what it is and snap a pic or two for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
              I asked her if it was an immobilizer but she said no. "It's a card thing that you need to insert to start the vehicle...".
              Ask her if the card is small and narrow and made of metal. maybe has some grooves in it
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                Ask her if the card is small and narrow and made of metal. maybe has some grooves in it

Maybe I'll grab my "small and narrow piece of metal with grooves in it" and run into the house screaming "I found it!".

Comment

it's an immobilizer. I've seen a few Honda's come into the shop with them. You usually wave a card that's with the keys..it will be beep and there is usually a light that will go from red to green accompanied with an audible tone.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

So now I think the question is going to be asked, how the hell do I get around this device without the damn card? I doubt they're going to want to pay me to remove it for them (both inept). I'm very close telling them to piss off since they have some other problems with it too and they are looking at me to fix them.

Ugh... stuff like this pisses me off. This is time that I could be spending on the CB.

Comment

I don't think it is an immobilizer because I BELIEVE there was no such thing in OBDI Integras (but do not quote me, I could be wrong)

I think to get around the immobilizer, you just plug in an ECU that has no immobilizer and you are good to go. That's why they are so easy to steal.

But this sounds like it is something aftermarket... Let us know what it is, Im interested to know.

Comment

Ok guys. They brought the vehicle over today and I got to check it out.

The device is totally aftermarket like we thought from the get go. Wasn't even installed all that well (fucking wire nutted!).
                        And all it is is a plastic card with five little prongs on it that you insert into the device which allows you to start it. Without the card, it wont start.

I forgot to snap a picture of it but I'm sure they'll be coming back over since they couldn't figure out how to reset the maintenance required light.

Comment

This sounds like one big series of fails. Find out what the immobilizer disables and reroute that. If it shuts fuel off then trace the wires to where in intercepts the fuel and set up a temporary loop around it to see if you can remove it that way.
                          Hopefully it isn't some overly complicated module that plugs into the computer (I agree with whoever said integra's weren't obd1, my brothers wasn't I believe)

It's that or find a serial number for the device and order a new card from the products manufacturer but that will take awhile.
                          Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

yea i know what your talking about, my grandpas car has one and yea with out it the car will not start. if its located by the steering colum like my grandpas than it might be wired to the ignition switch

CALI LIFE STYLE
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Originally posted by 408cb7 View Post
                              yea i know what your talking about, my grandpas car has one and yea with out it the car will not start. if its located by the steering colum like my grandpas than it might be wired to the ignition switch
                              Yep yep. It's wired into the ignition.
                              A few paperclips inserted into each prong hole can disable it (as long as all of the paperclips are touching). A pretty stupid device.

On the plus side they sold it to some schmuck for $1800, so I don't have to work on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X