Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

AEM electronic boost controller location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM electronic boost controller location

In the generic setup for AEM boost controller (EBC) it looks something like this. Obviously I'm using the 2nd method with the T and the external waste gate. My question is, does it matter where I put the T split?

more specifically......

- Can I put the EBC near the WG with two 6" lines, and a long line back to the intake manifold?
    - OR have the electronic boost controller up near the firewall with with two lines running to the EBC

I can't find an answer for this; does the distance matter or can I put the EBC anywhere I choose? (ie - EBC & Lines in the fender)

I would believe that because this is a sealed system (sort of speak), Pascal’s law should apply which is force is exerted the same in all directions. Unless I am just trying to sound smart and I’m dumb. But I do not believe distance changes anything, but having the air flow through the intercooler and other restrictors would. If it did make a difference it would be very minimal.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      I would believe that because this is a sealed system (sort of speak), Pascal’s law should apply which is force is exerted the same in all directions. Unless I am just trying to sound smart and I’m dumb. But I do not believe distance changes anything, but having the air flow through the intercooler and other restrictors would. If it did make a difference it would be very minimal.
      Yep, that's what I was thinking. Whether it was 3' or 15' of hose/tubing the PSI will be the same.

Comment

My harness is being made to fit mine up under my dash. My harness builder is fairly well versed in boosted performance applications and didn't seem to mind. All to say that mine will be a remote location with plenty hose length to contend with.

I wish I could offer you something more scientific than that, but I'm not really to that stage yet.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I asked my tuner and he said the shorter the hose the better. Because you want to maintain pressure and have precise on/off points. But for all I know there is a setting in S300 for WG lag to address the delay in the EBC reading the manifold pressure vs. the BOV pressure.

But at the same time I can see using 100' of hose being an issue. But for the distances I would use (no matter what route I take) it's negligible.

Comment

Shorter distance allows for faster boost response. It takes a lot longer to vent 25psi from a 10 foot hose than a 1 foot hose.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              Shorter distance allows for faster boost response. It takes a lot longer to vent 25psi from a 10 foot hose than a 1 foot hose.
              Shorter to the WG I'm assuming.

Comment

Working...
              X