Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question concerning a closed thread (Please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PT6 can't be tuned, though... just to make that clear (my previous post could be misunderstood, now that I re-read it) The PT6 is your best bet for a stock ECU. A P06 is what you'd want if you want to have it chipped and tuned.

Comment

woo I actually thought i knew that... turns out I was right lol

Once I actually get my motor built I'm gonna run a tunable ecu obviously (p06, p28, p72... ect)... here is my question, Is Hondata worth it?

Comment

It depends. They have a very well designed platform, but it's only worth it if 1) you actually NEED everything they have to offer, and 2) if you or someone you know is proficient in using it. Otherwise, no, it's not worth it. That goes for any expensive engine management system (and there are some good ones out there that are worth more than the cars we're putting them in!) Hondata is very reasonably priced (and their lower models at least are really just "chipped" ECUs anyway)

Crome and Uberdata are the usual options for budget-minded tuners on here. They meet the needs of most NA and turbo guys.

Comment

ok, So something like crome, is that something that I could get tuned, and then play with? because I REALLY want to learn how to tune...

the main things I was looking at Hondata for were launch control and full throttle shifts, also the CEL shift light is a cool feature

Comment

Uberdata does all that. I have it on my P28 right now, in fact. Crome most likely does as well.

Take a look at the ECU Tuning section of this forum (a subforum in the Performance section)

Comment

Alright thanks, I'll go look

Comment

Working...
              X