Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 power steering

i have a prelude swap on my cb7 accord i been driving without power steerin for a while now but recently fixed most of the bushin the outer terminals and aligned the car.....now i have to fight with the steering wheel.

my question is
    which power steering motor to use and which hose?
    i believe i had the one from my cb7 on it and the hose didnt fit correctly and when i had it painted they threw away the power steering pump that was in the trunk so now i need to get everything

if someone has a working cb7 h22 swap with power steering i would love to know what pieces you are using

thank you for your time.
    if theres a threat about this already made a link would also be greatly appretiated and thank you again

The cb power steering pump, bracket and hose can be used. The bracket needs to be shimmed to fit properly.

I've got an h22 with h22 power steering pump and I got a hose from a 92 to 95 Prelude with the f22 and it works on the h22 power steering pump perfectly

Comment

Use the H22 pump and the H22 line. You may have to bend the line to get it to work in your accord.

Comment

ok thank you, gonna jump on that this weekend

Comment

use the H22 pump and hose..... some use the f22 hose and pump but you'd have to do some shaving to make it work without denting your hood let us know how it went this weekend sir GL

Originally posted by Juice21
          thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
          Originally posted by GameChewer
          Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

I'm using the H22 pump, and front hose portion. I had a line shop crimp the H22 front line onto the Accord rear line and it's been working perfectly since I did my swap back in Nov. 08' Cost me about 140 bucks to have them do it.

this would be the way to go if you don't want to half-ass it. Also make sure you've got the H22 Crank pulley; otherwise you'll be shredding PS belts every few days. The crank pulley is offset by 1 rib more than the F22 pulley for the PS.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I did go through this mess when I originally did my swap. I used an H22 PS Pump bracket, and all the Accord PS parts. I did have to get the accord PS pressure line adapted w/the Prelude bend on it. The Hose Man here in California made my hose work for $50 and all I had to do was the labor. I ended up removing all the PS, and have it laying in a box somewhere. PM me if you’d like me 2 c if I can find the line for you and we can make a deal on it.

Comment

will h23 92-95 prelude components work???? someoneplease lmk asap bout to go get it if it will???

Comment

Cross-reference part numbers. The H23 pump may be the same as the H22 pump.

Comment

The 92-96 Prelude S (F22A1) Prelude Si (H23A1) and Prelude Si VTEC (H22A1) all use the same P11 P/S pump. The only thing that differs between the 3 motors is the cast iron mounting bracket. So look for a P11 pump and a P13 bracket.

The prelude end of the high pressure line can be welded or brazed to the accord line aswell. I've even seen double compression fittings used aswell. This would be an alternative to using the entire prelude line.

Comment

I used the accord pump and bracket.
                      I cut part of the bracket off, and drilled new holes in it to make it sit lower.

Comment

I did an H22 swap earlier this year, it has the H22 power steering bracket and pump. I used a Prelude PS line from a F22 Prelude for the power steering line and it fit fine. I bought the PS line at the salvage I matched the F22 Prelude power steering line and the S-bend to another Prelude in the salvage with a H23 engine it was the same so.....I bought it.
                        My swap is from H Motors online, the partial PS line was on the engine when it arrived, I compared the partial line to the line I got from the salvage it matched up and I installed it before I dropped the engine in.
                        Total cost for the line....$10.00 plus tax. (plus a new O-ring for the line)

Comment

Just last night I was having a conversation with a gentleman who was arguing that keeping the power steering is a contributing factor to wrapping your Honda. He's into Civics and Integras and such (lighter cars), but he got me thinking/wondering if what he was saying had any merit. I'm neck deep in an H23a VTEC swap and want to pose this question before I potentially go spend $$ I don't need to.
                          Question being: What are the pros/cons of removing the power from my steering? Either way, I will be retaining the original power R&P unit, but I dunno, What are your thoughts?

More details to consider while pondering this: The H23A will be FI (heavy on the 'F'), the area I live in will be treating the car to higher "g's" than MPH. Said otherwise, I live out in the middle of nowhere and all roads are twisted at minimum.

Thoughts?

carry on

Comment

Working...
                          X