No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I think I still like the look of short rams personally, but can you feel any difference?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

To each his own. I like the looks of this CAI more than the SRI i had before...maybe it's just the blue.

And i'll let you know how it feels later. I haven't driven more than 10min with it in town. During the work week on the highway should give me a better idea of what, if anything, has changed.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

oh yeah...

Went down to SeaTac airport to pick up a friend a few days ago and while i was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic some ditsy bitch in a work van (E-350) was using the carpool lane (she was alone in the van) as a cheater lane to get up as far ahead of traffic as possible and in doing so knocked my driver's side mirror clean off!

As you can see, she caught the outer edge of the mirror and casing. Ripped it right off. The mirror mount, base and aiming mechanism are miraculously OK. What's even more amazing is that there is NO damage to my car. Not a scratch...just a small blemish on the triangle garnish piece when the mirror was folded forward so rapidly.

Close call and easily fixable. Just need to find a DX mirror.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

so she ran?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Nope. She pulled over right away and i pulled up behind her and got out with a " seriously?! WTF!?! " look on my face. Then i ran back and picked up the pieces of my mirror that i could find and showed them to her like, "how are you gonna fix this?"

I didn't want it to go to insurance for such a small incident, since it would most likely raise my rates and she didn't want to have to call her boss and explain why she was in the carpool lane and how she managed to get close enough to remove my mirror. So we worked out a deal right there and she gave me what was in her wallet.

She gave me more than enough for the mirror and beer money for a week.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thats alright I guess. Still not pleasant though. Far from it

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Mmm beer

8 Accords so far:
                '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                  Thats alright I guess. Still not pleasant though. Far from it
                  Yeah...i'd rather not involve more people than is needed. And no, it wasn't very pleasant, but i usually keep my cool in situations like these. It ended well and we shook hands before parting ways.

Some guy who had seen the accident yelled out "GIVE IT TO HER BALLS DEEP!" as he drove by. Loud enough for the both of us to hear and stop what we were saying. Terribly awkward but seriously funny.

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                  Mmm beer
                  Yup. Bought case of widmier hef on the way home. Enjoying one right now actually...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Lmfao :d

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

great job on the cold air intake bro i want to get one too but untill i do the swap hehe and sorry to hear about your mirror, people dont know how to be patient and stay on line, they do that everywhere and here in L.A theres always someone that almost hit me and it drives me crazy lol

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                      My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Lol lol lol. That's funny.

But I loved my aem cai. Dyno before and after was +13 HP but thàt was with the bottle fed f22.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
                          great job on the cold air intake bro i want to get one too but untill i do the swap hehe and sorry to hear about your mirror, people dont know how to be patient and stay on line, they do that everywhere and here in L.A theres always someone that almost hit me and it drives me crazy lol
                          Thanks dude. And yeah, you get idiot drivers everywhere you go. Best just to avoid them...but in this case i got caught by surprise.

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                          Lol lol lol. That's funny.

But I loved my aem cai. Dyno before and after was +13 HP but thàt was with the bottle fed f22.
                          Yeah dude...the look on her face was priceless.

So far, im loving the CAI. There's a little less intake noise, obviously, but i can feel the difference in the top end. I just took it for a cruise and i have nothing to complain about. Hopefully on my route to work i'll see some MPG gains...if i can keep my foot out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a small update on my headlights...I decided to swap out the 4.3k Philips 85122+ for some 4.3k Philips 85122 (no plus) D2S bulbs. They are WAY brighter but much more yellow (even though it doesn't look like it in these pics)... Eventually they will color-shift slowly to 5k after 10+ hours of burn-in time.

What's really cool about them right now is the blue corona they have inside the housings...the 85122+ didn't have it...

Kinda hard to tell, but there is a blue ring around the beam. It's way more visible in person. You can see it's like an inch away going out from the main beam...Just thought it looked kinda cool.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post

She gave me more than enough for the mirror and beer money for a week.
                            Sweeet! So glad it wasn't worse. Nothing like a women driving a large van wondering if she can fit into a tight spot. At least this girl wasn't like "I hit your car??" when you approached her.

Comment

Thanks bro. Right after i pulled up behind her i looked up and down the side of my car and was super stoked that she hadn't made contact with any body panels. Got lucky i guess. And she knew exactly what happened. When i got up to her she looked pretty embarrassed.

Too bad she wasn't cute. Not even a little bit...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Funny story. Sucks about the mirror... Start a new trend and slap a new glass on it and call it good. Haha.

Enjoy your beer, sir!
                                92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                                2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
                                X