This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the people of. las vegas

My condolences to the people of Las Vegas that were part of the shooting that were killed rest in peace and to the wounded hope they all get well soon.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Damn it, what is with all these shootings?!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This stuff is just crazy. So very sad.
      And the truly frustrating thing about it is that there is no easy solution. People can argue until they're blue in the face about gun laws, mental health, law enforcement, etc... and there are good points to be made all around... but nothing is going to make this stuff go away entirely.
      In my last two jobs, we have had "active shooter training" as a part of the orientation process. We are actually told how to respond if some psycho starts to open fire in the building. It is becoming as expected as a fire, earthquake, or tornado (more so than the last two where I live!) it's surreal, and more than a little disturbing.

I've never lost anyone close to me in such a senseless act. I can't imagine the absolute agony it must be for those who lost loved ones. It's bad enough when someone you care about dies in a plane crash, a freak explosion, or some other unfortunate accident. But when it is a result of something so horrible, so violent, so malicious... I... just can't.

If anyone here lost a loved one, I hope you know you always have friends here willing to listen. Certainly in me, and likely in every other active member. Even if you haven't lost anyone, and this tragedy (or any other) is weighing on you, we're family here.

Comment

Maybe not the only reason this kind of thing happens, but there's definitely some truth to this song...

It would be nice to see the media ignore the killer himself for once and let him disappear, but I'm already seeing stories dissecting this guy's life.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          It would be nice to see the media ignore the killer himself for once and let him disappear, but I'm already seeing stories dissecting this guy's life.
          This.

One of my friends called me this morning to tell me that she had been up since 3 am worried sick and crying because of one her best friends was at that concert. She had finally heard from her but it pretty traumatizing from what I had been told.

Her friend was in the middle of it when it went down and she had gotten down to lay low from the gunfire and next to her a stranger who she had gone down with had been shot and killed..I for one don't know how I could handle such a traumatizing event especially witnessing someone die like that..

So I didn't post about it on FB because of that, I don't want him to get attention at all, if anything I would want the victims to be remembered..I have other reasons as to why I chose not to speak about it because let's be real:

If he was a person of color it would be covered in a totally different way you and I know that hell..the rest of the world would know that.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but my question is why the hell won't they call it for what it is.

Domestic terrorism.

I don't give a damn if he lived a lavish life playing $100 hand poker. This moron committed an act of terror on towards people who were just having a fun night out only to be ruined by terror. It pisses me off because I feel like theyre just making excuses for this guy..oh he owned a few places lived in a retirement community...he would never do such a thing. blah blah

It makes me sad for sure but it also makes me very very weary of where I go. It shows that it could be ANYONE and anytime..doesn't matter what race you are.
          Last edited by HenRoc; 10-02-2017, 08:45 PM.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm not sure when enough will be enough, but like other countries in the past hopefully it will be soon. RIP to those involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I'm not sure when enough will be enough, but like other countries in the past hopefully it will be soon. RIP to those involved.
              True but no matter how much they fight to be against it the NRA comes out swinging.

I have friends that carry..me personally? I hate guns, never drawn any interest from me whatsoever. I recently read there was more to the 2nd Amendment than meets the eye, a darker side to it.

Im all set. If doesn't tell you we need stricter control..I don't what else would be a friggin sign.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

All stricter control will do is make it harder for regular people to get guns, more of a black market for them (which as a side effect will INCREASE crime) and generally chip away at our most important constitutional right. Mass shootings and gun crimes get a lot of coverage but you are more likely to die of a bee sting than a bullet. If the real facts about gun crime vs. gun ownership saving the lives of law abiding people were publicized no one with half a brain would argue for "tighter control". Take the teeth out of a wolf's mouth and all it becomes is a funny looking sheep.

Comment

Best way to curb gun violence and crime? Give everyone guns. Think about it, if you knew that everyone around you had a gun, would you commit a crime or a mass shooting?
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

A lifetime ago, before terrorism was main stream, trayvon martin, before the Newtown shooting, more than a decade before columbine my best friend was murdered right in front of me in a situation where severwl people ended up shot (myself included).

There will always be violence, guns ars just tools utilized to help accomplish it.

Regulate guns, i bet people start getting killed in other ways more frequently. Look at murddr in countries with no guns. While there is less death, heinous shit still happens constantly.

Case and point, id rather eat the business end of a .45 than a machete.

We live in a violent world, and that is what people should be focused on if anyone wants to actually change anything. Youll never stop every motivated asshole from causing karnage.

Mcveigh didnt even use a gun, but look at how many people he hurt.

Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      Best way to curb gun violence and crime? Give everyone guns. Think about it, if you knew that everyone around you had a gun, would you commit a crime or a mass shooting?

This is how problems get worse, not better.

How do you stop drug use?

Inject everyone with meth!
                      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post

1st off, it's proven to work. Besides, it's simple logic. Would you wanna rob a store if you new everyone in the store had a gun? If someone wants to be a mass murder, more gun laws are not going to stop that someone. The gun that Stephen Paddock used to commit this tragedy was strictly illegal.

2nd off, that's a very bad comparison (and a whole other issue).
                        Last edited by GTRON; 10-03-2017, 03:13 PM.
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post

We made opiates highly regulated and we're in the middle of an overdose epidemic that kills more people in this country than guns.

The US has a violent past that is ingrained in our culture. It's not enough to ban a gun. We need to completely readjust our culture and that requires looking within.

That is never going to happen in such a large, diverse, and divided country.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I typed up a rant...I may post it. It's me going off about "Emotional Actions" vs "Logical Actions" and how people want to do something and be all "This has to stop!" after a major event happens instead of slowly and consistently working toward a solution.

I would also blame media and leadership.

Media loves to portrait images of people and events. They love to drag stuff like this out instead of talking about help or prevention. (Won't get into race...make your own judgement based on past events.)

A proper leader would work WITH his/her people to achieve a goal instead of what they think is best for everyone. (With social media, this could be much easier and faster than in years past.) This leader would also have to put his foot down because people are naturally selfish, so it'd have to be a balance there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                              We made opiates highly regulated and we're in the middle of an overdose epidemic that kills more people in this country than guns.

The US has a violent past that is ingrained in our culture. It's not enough to ban a gun. We need to completely readjust our culture and that requires looking within.

That is never going to happen in such a large, diverse, and divided country.
                              Regulation is necessary to a point, as is accountability. But regulation is certainly not a solution in itself.

You’re avosiltely right that we need a cultural shift. That’s the key. I don’t think it’s impossible, as we have made considerable progress from a cultural standpoint in the last 50 years. We still have far to go, but we have shown that we can evolve as a culture.

It’s easy to point at the problem and spout solutions, though. Implementation requires strong leadership, compassion, empathy, and education (not talking about dangling participles and pi to the Nth degree... talking about an understanding of the laws of this country, as well as exposure to the plethora of cultures represented here.)

Comment

Working...
                              X