Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Won't Start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it could still be the main relay. try tapping the relay when you're trying to start it.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

There is a wire on top of the motor near the power stearing pump its a ground wire or something if its burned out the car will start but it will cut off and the lights on da dash gets dim I'm not sure if that's your problem but check it out

Comment

Originally posted by chicohonda91
        it could still be the main relay. try tapping the relay when you're trying to start it.
        I'm convinced that the problem doesn't have to do with the main relay.

My CB7 had that problem, and I lived with that for a while before fixing it myself, and my dad's CB9 isn't doing anything like what my ride did (the fuel pump primes everytime, you can hear it click when you turn the key to on, yadda yadda...).

Since my dad topped the tank up, it's been running and starting just fine. He's been driving it to work everyday with no issues.

I guess we'll see what happens if/when my dad lets the gas dip down a little low (i.e. the gas light comes on, which is when it didn't wanna start back up after he got home).....
        1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

I'm tellin you -

Read this Thread....
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63731

Other people on this website helped me with this exact same problem. Its gotta be the distributor and ignitor (which is in the distributor - also referred to as the module).

You can get a distributor pretty cheap at this website - i paid 150 + overnight shipping and it was still like 50 dollars cheaper than it woulda been at a walk-in store (even after taking the "core" back - (and the part was brand new) -- pretty easy to change also.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...or=Distributor

The one I got was the one for 150 dollars - seems like it works great so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanleybb50
            I'm tellin you -

Read this Thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63731

Other people on this website helped me with this exact same problem. Its gotta be the distributor and ignitor (which is in the distributor - also referred to as the module).

You can get a distributor pretty cheap at this website - i paid 150 + overnight shipping and it was still like 50 dollars cheaper than it woulda been at a walk-in store (even after taking the "core" back - (and the part was brand new) -- pretty easy to change also.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...or=Distributor

The one I got was the one for 150 dollars - seems like it works great so far!
            hmmmm.......your problem sounds similar to mine (starts up fine, then dies) but with a couple differences:

1) It only won't start when the fuel is low; otherwise, it starts/runs fine

2) The engine only starts for, literally, 2 seconds or so, then immediately dies (no funny idling or whatnot)

but oil in the distributor is worth checking.
            thanks!
            1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

Hey man - I hope it works out - mines still better than ever - hasnt stalled or even sputtered once since i changed it.

One thing I was just thinking and might start a new thread about was that if anyone on this website is a poor soul like myself and is stuck with an automatic transmission.... (which sucks, but at least I like the way Honda transmissions drive) - But anyway, we all know that Honda autos have a tendancy to shift sort of sharply, especially into second gear. And when they get older, like mine is and was when I bought it, they can start to shift really harsh into second - almost more of a "clunk" into second and a little into third. Well the remedy to that is some "Lubeguard" - I had seen it on other forums and had my doubts, but I'm telling you one ounce of that stuff for every quart of Tranny fluid in your car will IMMIDIATELY make it shift like new. Its actually pretty impressive. ---- Just thought I'd share that!

Comment

i've used lubegard in my auto tranny and it doesnt seem to make a difference. the shift are still harsh when the rpm are low and gets smoother when the rpms goes up.

Comment

I have a starting problem too that I can't figure out after reading some threads. I had to get mine towed last night and the car woundn't start and it just died at a stop light. It cranks and I hear clicking but it just cranks and cranks like there's no fuel or ignition. there's gas in it, new battery, new plugs, and new wires. any help, this is my work car and I need this fixed asap.

Comment

fuel pump - why? if it doesn't have enough fuel on it to keep it cool (and the FP is REALLY old), it can cut out. I'd check the fuel pressure and make sure it don't drop off suddenly. have a friend who has the same problem but can't afford a new fuel pump to fix it. so he just keeps it filled. no worries.
                    If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                    Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                    1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

how do I check for fuel pressure? I checked the distributor and it seemed like it was working fine.

Comment

i dunno if they said this already, but check your spark plug wires and make sure none of them are corroded, i thought a cylinder went out on mine, but when i went to take a sp wire off the other end just snapped in half

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2nr
                          I have a starting problem too that I can't figure out after reading some threads. I had to get mine towed last night and the car woundn't start and it just died at a stop light. It cranks and I hear clicking but it just cranks and cranks like there's no fuel or ignition. there's gas in it, new battery, new plugs, and new wires. any help, this is my work car and I need this fixed asap.

Question.... Did you read our threads? Cause it sure sounds like the distributor to me - is it getting spark when this happens? and do you hear those clicks when you turn the key coming from down under the steering column? if you do and you hear the fuel pump pumping then you know its prally not fuel related (unless you happen to have a completely clogged fuel filter which is rare in hondas) - but otherwise - if it started after letting it cool then it is that main relay and if not still after nothing check the distributor and look at my other referenced thread.....

Comment

Working...
                          X