Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy with a few plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy with a few plans

Let me start off by saying I dont drive an accord, I have a 92 prelude S.. dont ban me for it lol... I love the car, but the Prelude forums are a great source of information if you have a H23/H22... but they have next to nothing for the F22... so Im here lol... I've read alot of the turbo build threads on here.. .cuz thats my plan is to run a DSM set up on my car... just basic, 14g, grind the block... u know... im going to be following this http://home.comcast.net/%7Endd3d/TurboInstall.pdf I think someone oh here actually wrote this one... anyways, my only questions im gonna have are gonna involve the ECU, basemapping, chipping, socketing, tuning... cuz (im not car illiterate), ive been building cars since I was like 7 or 8... but this will be my first build that has a computer, or fuel injection.. I was brought up in the old muscle cars and stuff like that... so if I ask stupid ECU questions... just bare with me

Thanks for all the help in advanced lol,
    Marshall

lol

you went to the wrong site my man. this site is for 50% h22 owners40% wanna own h22ers and 10 percent who could actually give you a solid answer on anything. If they do answer you,it will most likely be wrong. Get several opinions and if everbody hates on somebody there usually the one whos right..have fun.

Comment

Oh so reassuring lol

Comment

welcome!

Disregard g22accordman's post above. She is having her period and really is in a bad mood.

You will find all kinds of help here, so stick around.

Comment

help him out then oh wise one

lol.. this should be interesting.. he aint got an f22 either buddy. there are a few here who might help you out though search wisely.

Comment

Congrats on doing something more unique with a prelude. It's refreshing to have someone who isn't doing the drag n' drop H series.

Comment

You came to the rite site! Tons of info on here, all kinds of useful info.

1 thing I've read on here is yes the 14b T bolts up to the f22's but that turbo won't ride ok the whole rpm range, but a 16g will, according to some people.

Most 14b owners switch to a 16g then.

Check out chessboxers Member ride thread.

Bsides Turbo'n ur f22, slight head work and an cam will do the f22 good, changin the trans to a shorter geard 1 will do so much fukin justice to an f22 motor, I can't wait for my time 2 shine with a H series trans.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

check out my turbo sizing thread

14 b will work, dsm will work, 16 g or big 16 g will be a wiser choice, but more costly choice. plethera of ems for you to choose from, talk to haltech guy, he'll hook you up. stock internals only good for 8 psi daily driven, dont be misinformed. they build part of this setup is a easy to intermediate skill section. you do have to redrill manifold for proper fitment and the log style evo 3 turbo mani is a good choice for numerous reasons, one being its strength. oh well thats enough info for now

Comment

welcome to the site man.

there is all kind of ppl on here that know there shit or atleast kind know there shit.

if u got any questions just ask and u will more then likely get a answer very quickly.

good luck with the build man i love the f22 fuck vtec yo

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                  96 lexus sc300 DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Originally posted by 93_f22aky View Post
                    welcome to the site man.

there is all kind of ppl on here that know there shit or atleast kind know there shit.

if u got any questions just ask and u will more then likely get a answer very quickly.

good luck with the build man i love the f22 fuck vtec yo
                    Thanks... your sig says that u run 12psi... is that on stock internals?

Comment

wow

you must not listen, has your engine been recently completely reconditioned? probably not. with 12 psi most older f22's would work for a little while and then explode. yeah explode, kaboom. Run up to 8 psi to be safe daily driver. I love people sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by g22accordman View Post
                        you must not listen, has your engine been recently completely reconditioned? probably not. with 12 psi most older f22's would work for a little while and then explode. yeah explode, kaboom. Run up to 8 psi to be safe daily driver. I love people sometimes
                        Wow... Ignorance. Lack of brain cells from crack smoking doesn't give you the right to contribute here any more.

Comment

ban this nuisance

Is this all you have to contribute? gloating and bashing? I havent seen a single post of yours yet where you actually give any advice at all. we are on the beginner tech page arent we? I thought we were on jerry springer for a minute. you must be the transsexual alien who appears eveytime I screa your wife..lol..get a life dude and learn a thing or too. Or you could do what you do best tell them to drop an h in it..lol

Comment

Ban me? LOL. Nice one girlie...

Learn how to type.

Instead of telling this person that his car is going to "blow-up" at 12lbs instead of 8lbs, is total ignorance. Tell me... why is 8lbs the magical threshold? Seems there might be something more to it... such as tuning. Obviously, you don't know about that or it would have been the first thing you would have discussed.

I don't speak out of my ass just to hear myself talk.

To the original poster: I am sorry to ruin your thread. The moderators will clean it up and make sure you get the correct info.

Comment

lol

no its not just tuning asswad, do some research on honda engines moron. If you were to run it untuned at 12 you would def implode. with tune, I still wouldnt ever suggest it on a older high mileage engine not built for boost. this is just simple mechanics 101. f22 has ductile iron sleeves yes but that isnt your entire engine dumm ass. putting a turbo on your n/a engine causes alot of added to stress to the engine, heat also, it might not seem like a lot but 4 psi can be the difference between live or liftoff..A safe and smart thing to do if you are going to run stock internals would be to run 6-8 psi. max. That is with a tune..go back to mechanics school 2point6 seconds to detonate..

Comment

Working...
                              X