Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy with a few plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me try to decipher everything going on here and make a post worthy of being here since some people don't think before they type...

50k on an F22 is definitely a great candidate for boost. Especially if you're only looking to run small amounts. It's pretty misconceiving when you tell someone you're running on stock internals because it's a pretty vague statement. Stock internals can take quite the beating. Think about it. Even at an idle it's still rotating at 700-900rpms. Now think of cranking the engine up to 5 or even 6k. It's pretty harsh when you really think about it.

If you averaged 5,500rpms for one minute, your rotating assembly would have rotated 91.67 times per second. And for a naturally aspirated engine like a lot of us are to run over 130k with minimal problems, considering the wear; 50k is nearly brand new for us Honda owners. The key to this is a good tune. If you're upgrading your injectors (Which I thought I read you were doing.), especially DSM 450's, You'll run pretty rich with all that additional fuel being pumped in. BUT, since you're boosting, the compressed air will utilize most of it. So maybe, JUST MAYBE (I may get flamed for saying this but oh well.), you might be able to get away without a tune for a while. I wouldn't recommend it, but safer to run rich than lean. The only real way is to make sure you're in the right area of your air/fuel mixture is to grab a wideband sensor and gauge, hook it up when you're installing it, and see how it's doing. You're gonna need one anyway when you rebuild and tune.

So go ahead, boost the hell out of it! Especially if you're prepared to blow it up and rebuild. I've blown a few too many motors in my day (Dumb mistakes that shouldn't have happened.) to keep going that route...but lemme tell ya, if I had the money, I'd boost the F22 until I had money for the JDM H22 swap. May not be as cost effective, but hell, we all know that feeling of hitting boost is unbeatable!

gstringaccordman or whatever the hell your name is. I ask for the sake of everyone on this board. PLEASE for the love of all that is good. STOP talking about things you obviously don't know much about. I'm no pro, if I were I would be making a lot more money, but I won't start dishing out advice if I know it could be inaccurate. It's a waste of time on both people's ends....and bandwidth...

Comment

Ok, here are 2 questions that I have right now.....

First is that G22 dude really banned, or does it just say that?

Second... Im going to a yard tommarow to pull (hopefully) a good DSM manifold and some good injectors... but while I was out and about I thought, If I knew which cars had the 16g turbo I would keep an eye out for them... so if you know... could you give me a list of cars that came with this turbo.. or atleast what number/letter combo will be on the side, so I'll know what to look for...

Thanks again for all the helpful info

Comment

Yes, g22accord man was banned last night.

I don't know the rest of you question.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
          Yes, g22accord man was banned last night.

I don't know the rest of you question.
          Thank goodness... and awe man lol

Comment

They're wondering which cars have the 16g turbo (stock). I'll see what I can find.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Alls I can find right now, is an Evo. They come equipped with the 16g. Not sure if there's other cars, but that's 1.
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

ya the origanal EVOs had them... i thought maybe like the 95ish eclipse gsx had them or something... oh well, I have a 14b.. ill probably use it

Comment

Originally posted by F22aLude View Post
                  ya the origanal EVOs had them... i thought maybe like the 95ish eclipse gsx had them or something... oh well, I have a 14b.. ill probably use it
                  The second generation of the 4g63t platform had t25's for stock turbos. 14b's on everything from 90-94.

Comment

Originally posted by LingLing View Post
                    The second generation of the 4g63t platform had t25's for stock turbos. 14b's on everything from 90-94.
                    yep yep yep i have a t25 in the trunck of my cb7 that is off of a 95 eclipse and the manifold

o if anybody wants a t25 from a eclipse i got 1 for ya

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                    96 lexus sc300 DD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Originally posted by g22accordman View Post
                      50k is amazing for a car that age, If you were smart you'd build it right the first time so you dont have to replace things later, possibly a new engine. If you research turbo sizing, which you cant here anymore, you'll see it isn't allways a good idea to throw a big turbo on a small 4 cylinder engine. If you build the internals go ahead but if not, you got trouble. If I had a f22 with 50k on it I would treat it a little nicer then some science experiment, go to a junkyard and get the norm,190k.

The thread in the link below may disprove the quoted post above. Enjoy and wish you the best.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2337047
                      600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

well... I thought i found the deal of a life time... 400 mile 16g... for 200 shipped... got to reading the advertisement.... it was a 14b, the guy just didn't know what he was talking about... I almost sent him 200 bucks for a 14b... just like the one I already have... oh ya everyone... I have a 14b turbo lol

Comment

EYE CANDY lol

Comment

good shit man ill take a pic of the t25 i have

96 lexus sc300 DD

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

/\thanks... story time, I went to 417 motorsports today to see how much they charge to tune a turbo honda... and anyways after 20 minutes of the guy telling me I know nothing and that my set up sucked and it wasn't even worth trying i find out that he cant tune Hondata, uberdata, crome, or neptune... all he can do for me is tune it using safc2... would that be better than running untuned?

Comment

here is a pic of the t25 i have it would fit ur manifold i think if not i have a manifold to that it fits on

96 lexus sc300 DD

Comment

Working...
                                X